WSOF 25 gets 1 night 8 man Tourney

So 3 fights one night? This is gonna be reservation card no doubt. I dont think a regular commission would allow, but I am excited for it. You dont see this everyday

It's gonna be in Seattle apparently.

I'd be more excited if the field was better. If Larue Burley sneaks in, count me in definitely

Jorge Patino is 42 and has 56 documented fights. If he could win this, that would be amazing!

that would be something but i dont think so...watching their system of rankings for this gp...patino is #8 so he will face #1 12-1 record islam mamedov in the first round

so

#1 islam mamedov 12-1 vs #8 macaco patino

#2 joao zeferino vs #7 rich patishnock

#3 mike ricci vs ........

#4 brian cobb vs #5 larue/ foster winner

not sure....but apparently jason high vs caros fodor is not part of the gp

also 1 more fighter needs to be added to face ricci.....maybe ben fodor if he wins at wsof 23???? he is from seattle

For the fighters that are involved i really like it. I'd rather see some cool short fights like that then seeing them in what could be boring fights for a few of them.

Hell yea! Now we talking. Now add Pride Rules and a ring. We all set.

This is awesome, really looking forward to this! Love to see tournaments coming back since Battlegrounds MMA did the welterweight tournament in 2014 that Roan Carneiro won, plus Bellator's upcoming four-man tournament at LHW and now this LW eight-man tourney in WSOF.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by this Brain Foster fellow

is he of relation to Brain of THE Pinky & the Brain

WSOF 25 will get a 1 night 8 man LW tournament.

Competitors include: Mike Ricci,Jorge patino, winner of LaRue Burley/Brain foster, Rich Patishnock, and Brian Cobb

Also on the card Jason High vs Caros Fodor

Wow, a lot of solid LWs in that tourney, not bad at all.

Jorge Patino is 42 and has 56 documented fights. If he could win this, that would be amazing!

I tend to forget about him. He's fought a lot of big names too and beaten some of them.

WSOF 25 will get a 1 night 8 man LW tournament.

Competitors include: Mike Ricci,Jorge patino, winner of LaRue Burley/Brain foster, Rich Patishnock, and Brian Cobb

Also on the card Jason High vs Caros Fodor

Kinda sad they are making Burley win a fight to get in considering he is by far the most talented of the group.

Kinda sad they are making Burley win a fight to get in considering he is by far the most talented of the group.
I feel like that fight probably got made before they did this and they are probably regretting it. Not sure I'd say he is the best though, hasn't really been tested yet. If he can beat Foster I will be very impressed.

Want to see him in the field though. I'd have been fine had they given him a shot off this win though.

Burley is going to win this tournament with ease.

My fighter predictions for this tournament are:

Ricci
Patino
Burley
Patishnock
Cobb
Vallie-Flagg
Newell
Dugulubgov
High vs Fodor (Alternate?)

Pretty cool, didn't think any major MMA promotion today would have the balls to try a 8-man one night tournament. I wonder how they're gonna do the rounds though, one round fights for the quarter finals and semifinals and 3 rounds for the finals?

Opps

http://combatsportslaw.com/2015/08/...ination-tournament-hits-regulatory-roadblock/

Earlier today MMAJunkie reported that the World Series of Fighting plans a one night eight man elimination tournament to be held in Seattle in November.

The problem with this? Washington State law prohibits elimination tournaments. You can access Washington State’s Law Relating to Combative Sports here.

Specifically RCW 67 08.015(4) bans elimination tournaments reading as follows (bold emphasis is mine):

No amateur or professional no holds barred fighting or combative fighting type of contest, exhibition, match, or similar type of event, nor any elimination tournament, may be held in this state. Any person promoting such an event is guilty of a class C felony. Additionally, the director may apply to a superior court for an injunction against any and all promoters of a contest, and may request that the court seize all money and assets relating to the competition.

I reached out to the Washington State Department of Licencing on whether they planned to approve this event. They confirmed the event has not been approved and that legislation prohibits it. Sandra Gonzales, the Departments Combative Sports Program Manager, responded as follows –

“Thank you for your inquiry and link to an article regarding a possible elimination tournament to be held in Washington State.

However, we have not approved this event and you are correct that Washington State law prohibits these types of events.”.

It may be possible that the event will be held on tribal land, however, if the event is held in a venue where the State’s Department of Licencing has jurisdiction it will be off limits.

Back