WSOF 11 July 5th on NBC Will Air From 4-6pm ET

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Jason Floyd ‏@Jason_Floyd 1m

The broadcast time for World Series of Fighting 11 on NBC will be 4-6p ET
Expand

As expected. That's perfect leading in to UFC 175 prelims. Should be a great day of fights all around.

Yep, boxing has done pretty well on NBC in that slot, the problem for WSOF will be the media attention. Everything will be on UFC 175 that week/day.

If they went on another day with no UFC they would get alot more coverage cause it is a big deal, only 4th mma org on network tv and other than UFC they are the only mma org on network tv right now.

Its also a good card.

But yeah thats gonna be an awesome weekend, WSOF on NBC leads into UFC 175 then BJ/Edgar on Sunday.

How many fights will they be able to squeeze into the time frame? Assuming of course that the main event will take up a significant chunk of that two hour block. Might only be a three fight main card potentially?

How many fights will they be able to squeeze into the time frame? Assuming of course that the main event will take up a significant chunk of that two hour block. Might only be a three fight main card potentially?
I think this would be the ideal situation.

- Newell vs Gaethe
- Fitch vs Burkman 2
- Guillard vs Cavalcante

That's really ideal for them. They can't afford to go over on NBC, they would be pissed. So I think those three are enough.

That is early. At least it doesn't overlap with other combat sports too much.

Live prelim stream before the main card hopefully.

Great stuff! I can't wait!

Good thing Fitch is on the card. He is in the top 15 draws of all time within his division.

That will draw some eyeballs for sure, because the key demo for MMA will certainly be channel surfing on Saturday afternoon of July 4 weekend.

I think this would be the ideal situation.

- Newell vs Gaethe
- Fitch vs Burkman 2
- Guillard vs Cavalcante

That's really ideal for them. They can't afford to go over on NBC, they would be pissed. So I think those three are enough.

As long as they dont Bellator it(in terms of pacing) they should be able to get 4 fights in easily. I dont think the M.E. has a chance of going 5 rounds.

Need more promo, but I think it will work, NBC has done well on that time slot with boxing

I think they will do well,I'd go 4 fights, just pace the event right, one after another with the title fight. If they go alittle over past 6pm they can get some of that NBC news overrun.

I think Palmer is on this card so I'd put him in the opening bout.

I think they will do well,I'd go 4 fights, just pace the event right, one after another with the title fight. If they go alittle over past 6pm they can get some of that NBC news overrun.

I think Palmer is on this card so I'd put him in the opening bout.

No, Palmer vs lobosco will be part of the main card of wsof x, not this one, from what I hear luis palomino is fighting in wsof Xl he may be the opening fight

Not a smart decision. Why would you put the event on the same day as 175? By far the UFC's biggest event of the year. The event probably would have done horrible ratings anyway, but now they're going to receive ZERO coverage on top of it.. Who is gonna watch 8 hours straight of MMA? On July 4th weekend? With only one fight that is semi interesting to hardcore fans, and nothing that appeals to casual fans? I would be surprised if they even reached Bellator's low numbers (500k).. If they had a plan to do a card on NBC, they should have stacked it with big fights (well big fights for WSOF standards) instead of this. Hopefully they have bigger plans and better matchmaking for the December NBC card..

They have some odd scheduling over there.

I assume that they would have their prelim card on NBCSN so basically you would have 4 hours of WSOF fights leading into 5 hours of UFC fights all in the same day. Great day to be an MMA fan.

Well fuk...

I won't get anything accomplished that day.

Back