Writing a Book:

Strange King

Strange Music
@Silver
Reaction score
This will be my first book. Honestly I dont think im that much of a writer but the people around me have convinced to put my ideas on paper.

What im looking for is some honest tips of things i should look out for or possibly do. personal experiences maybe.

any input would be great.

Thanks a head of time

should i write the book in chapters or just write and then go back to separate the book?

you can do what the CEO where I work did. he just put all his thoughts down, in essay format as if he was telling a story.

then we hired a real author to look over his work & structured it all properly. he then toured the nation.

What's the book about?

well i dont want to give to much away but a very adult/ semi religious/ with many realisms from my life which has been very crazy.

I think as the story develops it will almost be somewhat of an adult harry potter. I know that sounds gay but thats the best way to describe it with out telling you everything, just very much adult themes.

you can do what the CEO where I work did. he just put all his thoughts down, in essay format as if he was telling a story.

then we hired a real author to look over his work & structured it all properly. he then toured the nation.

Wow this is exactly what im looking for. do you know where he went to hire and author or anymore details?

Thank you

nah man, he's connected, for sure so he has all sorts of friends high up the food chain in all industries. his book was about health care in the US, so he had legit sources (Harvard doctors, Dr. Oz even stopped by the office a few times) to verify info & fact check.

remember, fact checking is crucial too.

well i dont want to give to much away but a very adult/ semi religious/ with many realisms from my life which has been very crazy.

I think as the story develops it will almost be somewhat of an adult harry potter. I know that sounds gay but thats the best way to describe it with out telling you everything, just very much adult themes.

Despite every sinew of my being directing me otheriwse, I'll offer this. Be as honest with your reader as you are with yourself.

No one wants or needs to read about the best version of you. The worst version of you just might be worth discovering.

Less Hermione more Hermaphrodite amirite

I want to write a book too. Everyone seems to recommend On Writing by Stephen King but I haven't gotten round to it yet

Less Hermione more Hermaphrodite amirite

I want to write a book too. Everyone seems to recommend On Writing by Stephen King but I haven't gotten round to it yet

It's excellent, and you inspired me to dig it out again.

nah man, he's connected, for sure so he has all sorts of friends high up the food chain in all industries. his book was about health care in the US, so he had legit sources (Harvard doctors, Dr. Oz even stopped by the office a few times) to verify info & fact check.

remember, fact checking is crucial too.

I appreciate it.

Im gonna brush up on my bible. Im gonna implement alot of that with in these pages

Despite every sinew of my being directing me otheriwse, I'll offer this. Be as honest with your reader as you are with yourself.

No one wants or needs to read about the best version of you. The worst version of you just might be worth discovering.

I agree with you

You should definitely storyboard it. So you know where you're starting, going and will end up.

dude, you need chapters.

i like to have a vague maybe 20 line outline and then write which means my first draft is basically a big outline in a way.

if you have certain pain or a thing you are going through, that is the easiest to write (a story about it, do not write a story about your life)

Read. Read a lot. Find a style you enjoy reading - if you're looking to write a bestseller read at least 10 bestsellers. Writing fiction is about flow. Get a good flow in your head and feel that sort of rhythm before you get really writing. If you have the idea you waant to execute on in your mind, then you just need that to flow in your head the way a bestseller flows.

Try to describe the breasts in a single word. If you go on too long about their shape, coloration, size etc., it takes the reader out of it.

Also, I'd like to see a contemporary author use the word "gay" the way you did in the description of your story. I feel like the response would elevate the novel into a kind of glorious performance art.

Try to describe the breasts in a single word. If you go on too long about their shape, coloration, size etc., it takes the reader out of it.

Yeah bro, brevity is the soul of wit and all that

Back