Wrist Injury - Support Options

kaptr1d

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So I have had an off again / on again injury with my left wrist... I've been going to physical therapy for an unrelated injury to my neck and shoulder and I showed the wrist to my PT doctor. He basically said that only time will heal the wrist and that there's nothing to do to speed it up etc.

Has anyone used wraps or hooks or any of those other nonsense devices that most of the curl monkeys are always wearing?

I'm wondering if something like this would allow me to maybe row and deadlift at the least even if I still have to stay away from the bench until my wrist is 100%.

What exactly is wrong with your wrist? For 5 months now I've had a wrist injury, if I even think of doing Bench it hurts. I've had to stick to just running and core workouts (deadlifts included), even the position of back squats on my wrist hurts it. I would only do exercises that don't hurt it. If it aggravates it at all, dont do it. I've lost all the gains and then some that I gained while doing WS4SB, and it SUCKS!

Let it heal, I use a wrist support brace that you can pickup at a pharmacy, and found it helps, that and icing it 10+ times per day has finally allowed me to see some drastic improvement.

Yeah like the poster above me said, tell us what exactly is wrong with your wrist. Then depending on what it is, you could do levering stuff to strengthen it or forearm exercises that will indirectly help, such as wrist rollers.

I hurt my wrist last year and the only things I could do besides cardio and core were zercher squats. It sucks, but the only thing to do is rest it until it's completely better.

Grip work and wrist wraps have helped me a lot. I also like to make sure I have a reallly stable grip of the bar before I press it, making sure my hand is not cantilevering to one side throughout the lift.

He said it has something to do with the cartilage in the wrist joint and that the cartilage is pushing out the side or something to that idea.

He said that the cartilage will push itself back in to where it belongs eventually and that if it doesn't the only solution is surgery.

He also said that because the damage it to the cartilage there's no way to help accelerate healing because cartilage has very limited blood flow and so you couldn't increase or decrease flow to the injury... something like that.

Back