Wrestling vs Jiu Jitsu

boladiQup

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
good listen.

cliffs:
they discuss strengths and weaknesses of both, wrestling requires more athleticism, the ability to scramble vs a good takedown, certain tendencies from wrestling that can be detrimental to overall grappling efficiency, etc.

basically jiu jitsu wins but they're not shitting on wrestling or anything like that.

also they mention UFC, Severn, Coleman, Randleman, Couture, Ortiz, Jones, and DC so i think that means this can be in the UFC Discussion?

<Fedor23>

Put Ryan Hall with a wrestler in a unlimited grappling match or a fight and Ryan Hall would submit him eventually. Put him with a wrestler in a timed fight then the wrestler will win on top position control.

Khabib should have focused all these years on Jiu jitsu.

Dustin is a black belt on BJJ.

Wrestling + GnP > BJJ

giphy.gif

Wrestling + GnP > BJJ
the part of khabibs game that most people havent seen is his jiu jitsu. in response to you, it suffices to say "he did" i won't blow up his spot,but there's footage out there...

Jocko Willink is a real fuckin beast.

His USMC full dress headshot looks like a cartoon someone drew of a jarhead.

Jocko doesn't know how to wrestle. Sambo is the best in case anybody forgot what Khabib actually does.

Put Ryan Hall with a wrestler in a unlimited grappling match or a fight and Ryan Hall would submit him eventually. Put him with a wrestler in a timed fight then the wrestler will win on top position control.
Put them in a fight and Hall will win via TKD and butt dropping.
No disrespect, just suprsing.

Put them in a fight and Hall will win via TKD and butt dropping.
No disrespect, just suprsing.

That buttdropping is called a single X guard,its really a form of a takedown.People are just used to your normal double or single leg.

Wrestling + GnP > BJJ

Khabib has elite BJJ, regardless of whether he calls it BJJ or not.

Last edited:
As a wrestler myself I gotta say he’s right about BJJ being the superior grappling martial art because it involves finishing your opponent via submission. Wrestling is just about gaining control of your opponent without a finish.

He’s one of the most difficult guys to just “top control”.
He is amazing at making space, and creating a dangerous and tricky scramble.

Back