*Wrestling Vs BJJ video: Total domination*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score

So, is this how a good wrestler would do against a BJJ black belt?

Now, imagine a more accomplished wrestler, or a wrestler that trains MMA and got BJJ skills.

If punches were allowed, it would have been nasty.

Imagine Khabib going there. Yeah, I know a guy like Do Bronx or Maia would do much better but, in my opinion, wrestling with good, basic BJJ skills, mostly defensive plus RNC, armbar, D'arce, kimura, guillotine, would be enough to dominate.

Now, I've never seen a judoka been dominated by a wrestler. No hip throws, no laying on his back and pulling guard, more explosive sub attempts better ground control, better grip control + takedowns. Judo is legit.

Why on Earth would you post that on a karate forum where people literally watch wrestlers fight BJJ black belts every week?

Imagine Khabib going there. Yeah, I know a guy like Do Bronx or Maia would do much better but, in my opinion, wrestling with good, basic BJJ skills, mostly defensive plus RNC, armbar, D'arce, kimura, guillotine, would be enough to dominate.

Seen a lot of this lately. Having a RNC, armbar, D’arce, kimura, guillotine and all of the other things you mentioned, that’s good enough to being used at UFC level, requires far more than ”basic BJJ skills”. Also, who in the UFC only uses BJJ? Who only uses wrestling? In MMA we’re talking about grappling.

More like not athletic, weak, bjj “black belt” vs wrestler.

Theres some high level versions of this:

Nicky Rodriguez at the adcc
Gordon Ryan vs Bo Nickal, Pat Downey
Rustam Chsiev at EBI 6

The ones i mentioned will give you a better idea of high level wrestlers vs bjj guys.

I don’t think this video proves anything. That said, in mma you’re probably better off being a high level wrestler who learns bjj to play the anti-bjj game, than the bjj guy who has to learn wrestling to get a chance to implement play his bjj game.

The BJJ guy from the video is a blue/purple belt, not a black belt.
This is a super important distinction. It's going to be a rare blue belt that can handle an accomplished wrestler because accomplished wrestlers are already "black belt grapplers" in reality with waaaaaay more mat time. From my observation it isn't until brown and black belt that BJJ players know consistently how to deal with the physicality and style by countering with stuff wrestlers aren't used to dealing with (leg locks, deep half, lasso etc) - maybe purple belt for a talented player.

Is the wrestler wearing Khaki shorts with a belt? Lol

This is a super important distinction. It's going to be a rare blue belt that can handle an accomplished wrestler because accomplished wrestlers are already "black belt grapplers" in reality with waaaaaay more mat time. From my observation it isn't until brown and black belt that BJJ players know consistently how to deal with the physicality and style by countering with stuff wrestlers aren't used to dealing with (leg locks, deep half, lasso etc) - maybe purple belt for a talented player.
Most casual players get their blue in like 2 years. Yes, wow BJJ sucks because a 2 year blue belt gets smashed by a lifetime wrestler.

I always wanted to see the first day a Johnny Hendricks type goes to his first BJJ class and just dominates everyone up to brown belt.

Back