Wrestling Shoes with a Gi!

ha. I had to when I had a badly sprained ankle for about a month. I had a white gi and white shoes...I looked like a nurse. end of transmission

infamous mattyd said:
ha. I had to when I had a badly sprained ankle for about a month. I had a white gi and white shoes...I looked like a nurse. end of transmission

You couldn't tape and/or wrap it? Seems like that would help just as much, if not more than shoes.

some people have toes/skin that rip unless they wear shoes. Who cares how lit "looks"? What are we? Highschool girls?

shoes suck...they make keep u from geting mat burn but it will make foot holds 500X easyer to lock in..the grip will just be an ememys tool...it may help ur standup but it will only hurt u in the long run

Shoes can be a lifesaver for sprained toes that refuse to stay taped and for certain types of foot and ankle sprains. If I had been wearing shoes in Judo class I wouldn't have gotten a Lisfranc fracture/dislocation that took 2 surgeries to fix

Stephan Kesting
www.grapplearts.com

i used to wear shoes a lot, but i don't tend to wear them much anymore.

Shoes have pro's and cons. I would wear shoes if I have a bad injury and I don't want to make it worse then it is, but I wouldn't wear shoes in BJJ regularly because the chances of being caught in submissions are increased.

Corey123 said:
Shoes have pro's and cons. I would wear shoes if I have a bad injury and I don't want to make it worse then it is, but I wouldn't wear shoes in BJJ regularly because the chances of being caught in submissions are increased.
wouldnt it make you better in the long run tho? sort of how it is harder to get out of holds when you wear gi, so you have to use more technique? wouldnt it be the same...?

it looks horrible i must agree.

but i didt it for three days once because i had a injured foot and put both shoes on so i wouldnt look weird

I just broke my toe in bjj.. so im kinda thinking of wearing them even if they look gay. The gayness is worth the training time.

Back