Wrestling shoes with 1 odd foot

Spawn2031

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys, first time poster here. I have been trying out a ton of different wrestling shoes trying to get a good fit. With every pair I try on, the right foot never quite fits right and always feels a little small in the heel area but the left foot is perfect. Go up 1/2 a size and they’re too big. My right foot, for some reason is slightly swollen most days. With most footwear it’s no big deal.

My question is there a way to stretch these out a little to make it fit better on my right foot? I’ve heard of soaking the shoe in water while still wearing it and letting it dry to your foot. Does this work or is there a better method?

Wrestling shoes, at least the traditional suede kind. Are made of very thin material and your foot would stretch them out if too small without a problem.
Get the smaller size of whatever options you have and also expect type of socks to make a big difference on fit.

Whenever I get new shoes of any kind I get them tight enough that they fit perfect with thin socks. As the shoes get old and stretch out I switch to thick socks.

If there really is a significant difference between feet you could wear two different socks. If it's an even bigger difference just buy two pairs and flip the leftover pair on eBay.

I know guys who have to buy two different sizes each time they want new shoes for this very reason. One guy I know had polio as a kid and one foot is way bigger than the other.

I know guys who have to buy two different sizes each time they want new shoes for this very reason. One guy I know had polio as a kid and one foot is way bigger than the other.
how do you get polio as a kid and get rid of it. i had an older teacher in elementary school that had polio because the doctor did the vaccine wrong. now that i mention it im afraid to get the corona vaccine if it is ever made.
as far as the socks and foot go you cant go wrong with these just get two pairs

81c75c5fc72fb5010120f4dcd010757e.jpg

i would get two pairs of those

Last edited:
Back