1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Wrestling question

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Tony Manifold, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Tony Manifold

Tony Manifold Brown Belt

Ok say I shoot for the double and my opponent sprawls. For the example, say my head is on his right side. If I start to lose his right leg, I switch to the single, turn the corner and complete the takedown. If I start to lose his left leg, do I switch to a high crotch? What is the best way to go about this? Video would be appreciated.

2. agaskill

agaskill White Belt

It's hard to switch to a high crotch if his sprawl is good. It's been a while since I wrestled, but If I lost the outside leg I would attempt to back out and reset. You could also sit through to the right side. Sorry I don't have any videos.

3. skey91***

skey91*** Banned Banned

umm..

First off I feel that you should look for the peek out when ever going for the double incase he has a good sprawl.

If your head is on his right side and you lose the opposite leg throw your left elbow back hard sit your right hip through grab is left hip if possible or his fight leg and come behind.

Try to do the sit through with out letting your but hit the floor.

I'm looking for video now.

4. jarra22

jarra22 White Belt

shoot faster!

5. fourfif**

fourfif** Banned Banned

I don't know that I've ever shot a high c on a sprawled opponent. I love the high C off the underhook though, don't get me wrong. but skey posted a gable video recently (I think it's "takedowns, help!" or something - search function. feel free to bump it if you find it :)

but in the video which is much better than I can explain, the idea is to keep the leg on your shoulder like a bag, tight to your shoulder, .... if he sprawls hard, you drop with him keeping solid tight on the leg, lift with your legs (when you're lifting the leg with your arms you're doing it wrong! with this finish anyway), keeping a solid base, turn the corner and finish the double.

you know who used this like crazy was jake shields against hendo. srsly. he didn't trade for the single, he kept his head on the outside, but tight and not in a position to get crossfaced (important!), and was just patient about switching for the double.

6. Pandajoe

Pandajoe White Belt

This is exactly what I was going to suggest, I usually opt for a high crotch but this is a great move as well.

7. MMA junkie

MMA junkie Purple Belt

^ similar to duck under. Nice vid. Old man is fast. :)

Gotta love Wrestling coaches.

8. curb1850

curb1850 Green Belt

Wow, dude is quick!