Wrestling practice Single Leg PROBLEMS.

to stop your opponent from doing this, either

- try and finish the single quicker

or

- hold around his leg behind the knee pulling into you, and put the top of your head/forehead area right below his pectoral pushing forward... he wont be able to reach your leg from here unless he has really long arms.

Penetrate down to both knees then step up with the leg behind him when you pick it up. Don't come off the knee that he can see until you've got the other leg up. That way he can't grab it until he's already off balance.

Navy ride?? For the win. All in one fluid motion done quickly to prevent a sprawl and you're money.

left leg hooked with your left leg,

left arm around the waist,

sagging low and making him support your weight,

head on the inside,

right arm shoots through behind the far knee,

pull down from the waist, use your head to push and BAM! right on their back.

works like a charm against the big guys. do eet.

I used it in a fight once against a guy who had a good 6" and 80+ lbs on me, and countless big boys in practice.

edit: fighting on the street is for animals and little kids, I don't condone it, etc, etc.

You probably meant his right leg hooked with your left right? But anyway, I like it too, it works great I'm just kind of afraid to do it against big guys... because last time I did against one, it just ended with me on my knees, which is not something that I really like against big guys. If I had tried for a run the pipe, I would stay standing... But it still works good.

If he sprawls hard on you or it goes to the mat, it's actually fine too (at least the way I do it- because I always hook from the outside), you have a bit of an angle, and the amount of pressure he's putting on you is actually making him imbalanced, so you sweep behind him like in the videos skey91 posted. Does that sound right?

im kinda confused by wat yur saying, but i think he's goin for a switch? it's somthin i usually go for when they hav a head inside single. the advice i usually can think of is always have a perfect stance; knees bent, back strong n straight(not fully bent over like perpendicular to yur opponent), keep driving, dont put yur head on his upper thigh until u start the sweep, keep it on his chest until then. like others have said, finish fast, u gotta explode n follow thru wit the takedown.

if goin for the sweep n the dump doesnt work then switch to a double.

It sounds to me liek he's good at counterin those kinds of singles, if he doesnt use a whizzer when he defends, jsut stand straight up n trip him, kick the leg n slap his head wit the opposite hand.

or get the single, drive, n trip the other leg by putting yurs inbetween his. while having yur head in his chest.

the best way find out wat he is doin n how to stop/counter it is to ask a coach or even the person themself. if he's yur teammate/friend he's gona help u.

Back