1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Wrestling - Part Two by Billy Sandow & Ed "Strangler" Lewis

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by lklawson, Jul 29, 2010.

1. lklawson

lklawson White Belt

I am pleased to announce the republication of Wrestling, Part Two by Billy Sandow and Ed "Strangler" Lewis. This is Vol. 7 of an 8 volume set covering Physical Culture and Catch as Catch Can Wrestling.

As always, the PDF download is free:
    Wrestling, Part two by Billy Sandow and Ed "Strangler" Lewis

Blurb:
    On a special note, I am actively looking for the rest of this set to republish. If you have the set, or at least Volumes 6 and 8 (the wrestling instruction) and would be interested in allowing me to republish using your originals, please contact me here or at my personal email: [email protected] Original prints only, please, not the Paladin reprint.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. elbigsam

elbigsam Blue Belt

Well, that's cool. I recently read "the last wrestlers". In the book the author speaks of learning from some early cacc style documents, I wonder if these are them.

3. nakaiseye

nakaiseye Yellow Belt

4. lklawson

lklawson White Belt

CaCC was popular in the early part of the 20th Century. The introduction of JiuJitus and Judo brought out a sense of nationalistic pride and the sport experienced a revival. This included many challenge matches between noted JJ practitioners (such as Tani & Uyenishi) and CaCC wrestlers.

There were a good number of CaCC manuals produced during this time. I have 6 other CaCC specific manuals on the "storefront" available for free download, 7 if you include Gallagher's, 8 if you include the CaCC chapter in "Dick's Art of Wrestling."

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. Aranjuez

Aranjuez White Belt

This stuff is really great. Now I'm in the mood for a rare steak to eat, a warm ale to drink, and an icy cold river to swim in.

6. lklawson

lklawson White Belt

Bear in mind that some period Physical Culture & boxing/wrestling trainers actually recommended weak tea most of the time and only once in a while a Stout or the like.

;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk