Wrestling guillotine?

Half Boston Crab

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not the choke, the twisting move. How do you use that in wrestling? I mean, you can't submit the guy in a wrestling match, do you use it to turn your opponent over on his back or what? What kind of a move is that originally anyway? Was it used as a submission hold back in the day in Catch wrestling and only as a pinning move in amateur wrestling or what's the story?

Wrap your arms around the leg not already trapped and pin the guy.

it's just a pinning combination with a hook in.

you're on top, run a spiral or however you open up the area for you to throw a leg. learn across his back away from the hook. if its your left leg in, keep your left elbow tight to his right hip.

grab his right wrist with both hands, then use your right arm to pull that (his) right arm over your left arm and over your head. take him onto his back and as soon as his back breaks 90 degrees you can lock your hands.

on most people it doesnt hurt to be stretched like this unless you're just unreasonably unflexible. this is just a way to get some back points if you're comfortable throwing legs.

what SB was talking about was a banana split where you start out similar and lock your hands around the free leg when you take him back so you can stretch out his groin muscle and laugh at him if he's dumb enough to get caught with this move. some people forget about their back to protect their crotch and bingo, you have a pinned noob.

The banana split is a bitch. Hurts more than the guillotine usually. Well, it did when I was unflexible.

get some hand control and you dont have to worry about either move.

hand control should be ephasized more in grappling. i only hear people talking about it in wrestling.

If you had hand control they wouldn't be single leg riding you in the first place.

It's called a cow catcher if you have a front headlock and one hook.

be carefull if you are doing a guillotine.. use it for back points and be slow about it. they will try and call you for a potentially dangerous if you dont..

It is quite effective as a pinning combination, but it's just as fun to put it on someone and hear them scream with pain. There were a few times in matches against guys I wasn't too fond of where I really cranked on it and didn't make an effort to really pin them and the ref just called a mercy pin. Their shoulders weren't even close to being down, but they just felt sorry for the guy, one guy I had there for over a minute before they called the pin, lol. Like someone else said, you must take it slow when setting up the move and getting the arm behind the head or they will call potentially dangerous. After you get them turned, crank away.

Back