Wrestling Approves Significant Reforms to Sport Presentation...(singlet is out)

Sorry, but changing mat colors and redesigning uniforms is going to do exactly dick to attract new viewers.

The idea in the visual changes is to make wrestling more visually attractive in TV. The changes have been done in collaboration with media personnel.
These changes are to make wrestling a viewable TV-sport. Which is important.

Sorry, but changing mat colors and redesigning uniforms is going to do exactly dick to attract new viewers.

Not entirely true, friend.

Had the uniforms been closer to grappling shorts and a rashguard, I may have gone out for it when I was a kid (versus me being closed minded and not trying it just because of the singlet).

Yeah the singlet is a massive turn off. Glad they're getting rid of it.

vale tudo shorts plus rushguards are way more appealing that singlet.

Not entirely true, friend.

Had the uniforms been closer to grappling shorts and a rashguard, I may have gone out for it when I was a kid (versus me being closed minded and not trying it just because of the singlet).

Sure, a singlet may have kept you from wrestling as a self-conscious kid, but I don't believe casual viewers are skipping out on watching wrestling because they're turned off by singlets or ugly mats. People aren't watching wrestling because unless there's a big takedown or pin, or you've wrestled before, the sport is hard to follow.

The article said nothing about getting rid of the singlet? And what would the competitors wear then? A rashguard and shorts? That would be so weird, way to easy to controll wrists in a rashguard, way to easy to grip and make for arm drags and such, I would prefer to wear nothing on the upper body rather than the rashguard.

One thing to attract viewers would be to give all male wrestlers maid outfits.

The article said nothing about getting rid of the singlet?

It implies it pretty strongly: "The traditional singlet is not something that is worn around the gym. We want apparel that our wrestlers and fans will feel proud to wear and we are going to make that happen.

I had to wear a singlet when I powerlifted... I hated it. The straps are a pain in the ass. However, for grappling they're probably better. You don't have a rashguard to adjust in the middle of a match if it starts sliding up.

always-sunny-charlie-greenman-suit.jpg

I always liked the singlet to weed the pansies out.

The article said nothing about getting rid of the singlet? And what would the competitors wear then? A rashguard and shorts? That would be so weird, way to easy to controll wrists in a rashguard, way to easy to grip and make for arm drags and such, I would prefer to wear nothing on the upper body rather than the rashguard.

There are rashguards with short sleeves too. And even shorts + with no shirts look better than a singlet.

I always liked the singlet to weed the pansies out.

I would think it would have the exact reverse effect, but then again I was on the swim team in high school and endured the requisite speedo trauma.

I thought the singlet did a great job of highlighting my pecs in high school. I remember the stooopid high school paper had a pic of me in the singlet and a teacher who didn't even like me made a remark in front of class about how fit I was.

I thought the singlet did a great job of highlighting my pecs in high school. I remember the stooopid high school paper had a pic of me in the singlet and a teacher who didn't even like me made a remark in front of class about how fit I was.

So as you just inadvertently pointed out, the singlet is probably the most homoerotic piece of sports equipment in existence (other than maybe Zankou's speedo). As such, I think going to shorts and rashguard would be a big improvement. Even if it was something like sambo shorts that are very close fitting, still better than the singlet.

Maybe that teacher did like you after all...

So as you just inadvertently pointed out, the singlet is probably the most homoerotic piece of sports equipment in existence (other than maybe Zankou's speedo). As such, I think going to shorts and rashguard would be a big improvement. Even if it was something like sambo shorts that are very close fitting, still better than the singlet.

Vale tudo shorts and spats with no shorts are equally homerotics.
There is a long tradition of wearing singlets guys wear vale tudo shorts just to be more gay or spats to look more like a woman.

Back