Wrestling 100$ for 4 months a good deal ?

Def. cheap. One class a week sucks a little but one postive thing with wrestling is you can drill a lot of stuff without a partner. You can work on your shots, switch, etc. Shots alone will be huge. You can do a lot of sprawls. A mirror helps when doing it alone. And since your 16 prolyl have at least one friend who will either A) do the class with you B) let you pay for the class but drill with you on off days. Having one guy to roll with is invaluable. BC then spin drills, ground transitions, etc all become a part of your practice.

If you work stance and shots and duck crawls alone the other 6 days you will progress a lot in the class. And maybe find soemone in class to meet up with a coupel times/week to roll around. And I imagine wrestlign mats are hard to come by there but other thing will subsitute. I spent a summer rolling on mats that gymnast use. Was a great subsitute.

Feel free to PM me with any wrestlign questions. Started at 9 and wrestled in college.

no man thats solid.. and fuck no it's not too late.. i started in grade school and was burning out by the time i was your age.. i stuck with it but it was becoming a choir..

The fact that you have access to a pure wrestling club at all is awesome. I don't know rates, but compared to BJJ that's dirt cheap. I'd say take advantage of the place and go for it. If you go regularly for those months, you'll improve a lot.

I'd jump on that deal. Be dedicated and learn as much as you can there.

Not bad at about $6 a class as skey91 rightly said

thats a very good deal just take it seriously and work hard wrestling isnt hard to pick up but you have to have a determined mind set

All aboard who's comin aboard The Team Thrasher Takedown Takedown Train

Shit. I would take up basket weaving if it was that price. I beg wreslers to come train

Shit. I would take up basket weaving if it was that price. I beg wreslers to come train

:eek:

we both train at denny's. Not a couple of weeks goes by and already I'm limping around on my recurring ankle injury, so I haven't been coming in on tuesday/thursday for takedowns because of it but I coached at mills and cap for a couple of years each and wrestled alot of freestyle/greco and placed in jc regionals to go to state. pm me if you'd like to drill takedowns sometime, it would be a pleasure.

for ts from another thread

nice man, good luck to you brother.

below is someone else talking about why they love the 2 on 1, which is the same reason I love it. It's the only tie I can think of that puts you in such a superior position over your opponent.

"Once you get the grip, your opponent is almost completely on the defense. This tie-up is way better the a wrestler collar tie, over-under grip, or standard sleeve and lapel grip on gi. All of those are basically 50/50 with you and your opponent battling to see who is faster"

"Getting the 2-on-1 is not that hard. I put the left side of my neck out there in no-gi and 90% of people I go against grab my neck for a collar tie, I shrug and turn, locking in the 2-on-1. In Gi I guard one side of my lapel and let that sucker grab the other lapel. Again, turn and grab 2-on-1. It doesn't matter that much if he is still holding the lapel because there are plenty of take downs from there"

Ode to the Russian 2 on 1 Grip | LOCKFLOW.COM

Nah man , unfortunately in Canada, we don't.

i live like 2 hours away from mtl and we do have hs wrestling.
i also heard from guys that trained there that tuesday and thursdays are offered. is it because of the $100 contract u have?
also, i heard that girls from this club toss around pro fighters.

good luck

i live like 2 hours away from mtl and we do have hs wrestling.
i also heard from guys that trained there that tuesday and thursdays are offered. is it because of the $100 contract u have?
also, i heard that girls from this club toss around pro fighters.

good luck

Yes, in Ontario, but not in Quebec.

Well, I'll revisit the club and get more information.

Back