Wrestlers need to man up

Dirty Holt

Black Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
And get Aldo/Pettis out of there. Make it a clean UFC sweep of American collegiate wrestling dominance.

Judokas and European sympathists, go ahead and get pissed.

images

Serious question, how does brazil stack up in international wrestling?

My gut says they aren't great.

If so, why?

Serious question, how does brazil stack up in international wrestling?

My gut says they aren't great.

If so, why?

Not a player on the international scene. It's just not a big sport there. They send a few guys to international comps but to my knowledge nobody has done anything.

I thought this was gonna be an anti-wrestling thread haha!!

Wrestling is just one of the several ground martial arts in grappling.

I think Brazilian-JiuJitsu kinda showed the world the ground game and its effectiveness...and now wrestlers are just taking it to a whole new level. Combine jiujitsu submissions with wrestlings pure dominance of position...and you have trouble for an opponent!

I'll take Mendes in the rematch but I think Pettis beats Melendez.

This will turn into another gi vs. no-gi thread.

the combination of wrestling and bjj create some real grappling monsters.

Yes, i loved TJ wrestling vs Barao, those wrestling punches, kicks and footwork was insane.

Cormier with guard passing and mount is the greatest thing ever, and you can see that it's coming if not already here.

That said, Weidman and Hendricks are not going to hold onto their belts for another two fights and they will lose to a non American. It' coming, the Cubans are here, they can wrestle and they are blackletes.

Its striking that is dominating at the minute Dillashaw,Pettis,Weidman,Aldo,Hendricks,Jones are all wanting to stand the majority of the time.

Mendes more than likely has nothing for Aldo.

And Khabib probably has a better shot at dethroning Pettis than Bendo.

Mendes more than likely has nothing for Aldo.

And Khabib probably has a better shot at dethroning Pettis than Bendo.

These are my main worries. I think Mendes would smash Khabib, and Bendo would smash Aldo.

592229_88556897848_676960694_n.jpg

These are my main worries. I think Mendes would smash Khabib, and Bendo would smash Aldo.

592229_88556897848_676960694_n.jpg

Funny thing is that Khabib the one winning mainly with wrestling, most guys in the smaller divisions are just banging.

Not a player on the international scene. It's just not a big sport there. They send a few guys to international comps but to my knowledge nobody has done anything.

i'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but babalu and glover were both members of the brazilian national team. babalu's definitely got solid wrestling, and didn't have much problem with an undersized chael when they fought. and obviously glover has very good wrestling--he defended the td against jones and has good tds too.

It's just a matter of time before ALL UFC belts goes to american wrestlers, you guys are better athletes and learn things fasters than anybody else, but I certainly wouldn't underestimate the russians though (especially the Dagestanis and Chechens), since they have wrestling pedigree as well.

i'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but babalu and glover were both members of the brazilian national team. babalu's definitely got solid wrestling, and didn't have much problem with an undersized chael when they fought. and obviously glover has very good wrestling--he defended the td against jones and has good tds too.

Let's keep the talk to UFC champs, not foreign wrestlers from weak countries who never stood a chance.

76f3c1a7fbc6862555a3987d7eb86a20.jpg

Back