WrestleMania 36 Day 2: Electric Boogaloo

Did you like the Boneyard match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a cinemax late night flick, fast forward to the good parts

Also falls count anywhere type matches were so much more fun in the attitude era.

Shots to the head with objects and blood will do that.

Shout out to the whatever company made that truck bed cover

Fuck that last nan standing match went on foreverrrrrr. Glad edge went over. Not like either guy needed the win but it would have been dumb to bring him hack only to job to orton.

This raw tag match is too high up the card. Never heard of any of these jobbers besides my sexy mamacita Zelina.

Edit
This match was good, what i was paying attention to. Felt super short tho. Should have been longer than half of the other stuff so far

Ayyyy Bianca
{<tongue}

Last edited:
Damn I missed sasha's sexy ass. Her song has more bass, she must be a heel.

Lacey Evans isnt over with me brothers.

Wtf why tamina still employed?????

Eh naomi. Love a afro on a sista tho. Shout out pam grier
images

Either hoping Bayley retains or Sasha goes over (doubtful on that).

Last edited:
I popped when bayley kicked out of the moonsault.

Bless sasha

@Thrawn33

THAT WAS THE DUMBEST FUCKING SHIT I'VE SEEN IN MY 30+ YEARS OF WATCHING WRESTLING

Boneyard match was awesome

Firefly funhouse match buried the whole business.

Fuck this show. Bless tom phillips for no selling it

@Thrawn33

THAT WAS THE DUMBEST FUCKING SHIT I'VE SEEN IN MY 30+ YEARS OF WATCHING WRESTLING

Boneyard match was awesome

Firefly funhouse match buried the whole business.

Fuck this show. Bless tom phillips for no selling it

The Funhouse match has been either loved or hated it seems.

Honestly, it felt like a promo that should've been done on SD leading to an actual match at Mania.

The Funhouse match has been either loved or hated it seems.

Honestly, it felt like a promo that should've been done on SD leading to an actual match at Mania.

It was terrible bro.

At least brock lost. That makes me happy. Right guy won there.

I honestly liked night 1 way more. Rollins/ko was best match of the event (ignoring boneyard).

Boneyard was fun. Bayley, drew, braun, edge, becky all going over were best for business.

Honestly hated WM at first, but then the event grew on me. The lack of fans and atmosphere was jolting, made it lack the energy we knew it would, but eventually I realized the atmosphere we did get was it's own, and kind of got into the intimacy of it all like when Raw/Smackdown/NXT/AEW first continued despite lack of audiences...

Quality matches and storytelling within the matches given the tools they had to work with. Appreciated the fact all was pretaped, the matches even if boring at times were the best they could be given the circumstances. I was happy as well who got put over (except the Kabuki Warriors losing), but I also thought certain auras weren't protected properly. Don't worry, only worried about the matches that mattered...

Even though I wanted McIntyre to win going in, upon seeing how match played out, they went beyond putting him way over as a babyface long before the pinfall victory, much as they did in the f2f encounters leading up to WM. But, firstly to see a clean Brock loss play out exactly the same as the rest and only a little better than Braun/Goldberg was just so disappointing. More so, the no selling the F5 what... 4 times and Brock's bewildered face, and jesus, Heyman outside selling the fucking shit out of Brock's signature we can do this all night finisher/suplex until the job is done thing, they could have had McIntyre take the L at some point there and still put him over big and given Brock and his aura a break. They literally took everything from him in this feud after he literally jobbed half the rumble, one entrant now the Universal champion, another the NXT N.A. champ, another half the SD Tag champs... and McIntyre kicked out of everything like he was the Fiend and Claymored the same exact way Seth Rollins shocked with curbstomps, literally just seemed too much too fast even if McIntyre very worth investing more time into. Glad McIntyre won, but needs more time because he was literally a hated bad guy and then just randomly got over, and started a whole new schtick.

Glad Aleister Black is being given a streak of sorts, honestly the most intense entrance of entire roster, and his finishing maneuver is like the RKO/Diamond Cutter. Too bad that match had no buildup, or business on card, but I guess they left enough of a question about outcome it will be a feud now.

Goldberg/Braun sucked. A, you knew Goldberg couldn't deliver a jackhammer at this point to save his life, not to a Strowman anyway, so the outcome was foretold. Second, only good part of match was Braun talking shit before they actually got started. They needed a better match than that, but I assume nothing but spamming finishers is what Bill can do at this point, so w/e. Can't imagine what Roman would have done.

Edge vs Orton was way too long, and honestly only the ending was good, but I suppose I'm just not a fan of those style matches to begin with...

Which is why, even though it seemed like a reality show or episode of True Blood how it was filmed and post production, I was surprised I enjoyed the Boneyard match. I thought it sucked and was awesome at same time I guess. It was very weird, but it made me think... think what the hell is a fire fly fun house match going to be then? And while I was surprised how well the boneyard match actually played out and looked how it should have looked in most ways, I have to say... despite the over the top nature of it and how fucking unrealistic and unheard of it was, Bray Wyatt, John Cena delivered. I was skeptical at first, and something seemed off right from the get go, but slowly it got better and better, and the whole time I'm trying to pick it apart and hate it but I couldn't. It was just too fun. Really well done, too. My only complaint was how it just didnt seem to fit into this Universe WWE created, or pro wrestling as a whole. But, it really took me by surprise and got me thinking, kinda want to see what comes next, hold this feud goes on, that was tremendous and they weren't lying about making Bray look super powerful and continuing this Fiend thing after the Saudi debacle. Holy shit.

Overall, I was really happy with the event, while disappointed at the same time. Wonder if the risks taken here in this even would have ever happened at all if not for the pandemic, because while cinematic wrestling has existed prior, never seen a thing close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back