Wrap Comparison

Jazzarella

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a common topic somewhere, but I couldn't find a nice thread with a review/comparison of wraps, so I decided to post my own.

Top Contender; semi-elastic Mexican style 180"

Cost: $10 from gym, not sure what retail is
Material: moderate quality, not too thin or too thick, material was comfortable and protective, used very heavily and did not rip or fall apart, bunches/kinks a bit where wrap was around fingers, has 'this side down' print
Velcro: thin strip, held up well for several months, velcro stitching coming off of wrap was the reason this pair was retired from my use

Fairtex; semi-elastic Mexican style 180"

Cost: $12.99 from TitleBoxing.com
Material: very nice soft feel, thick material, high quality, cannot see through wrap at all, great protectiong, does not kink or bunch up after having been on hands, no 'this side down' print
Velcro: thin strip, seems to hold up well

Revgear; semi-elastic Mexican style 180"

Cost: $11 from Amazon.com
Material: moderate quality, a little on the thin side, material was comfortable and moderately protective, used heavily and did not rip or fall apart, bunches/kinks a bit where wrap was around fingers, has 'this side down' print
Velcro: thick strap, tight hold, no problems

Title; semi-elastic Mexican style 180"

Cost: $5.99 from TitleBoxing.com
Material: poor quality, material very thin, could see through wrap easily in various areas especially near closure, has 'this side down' print, poor protection
Velcro: thick strap, tight hold, no problems except that I feared the wrap might rip when I pulled the velcro apart

Thanks for this jazz...your next job is to add this to the list:

Le Roy mexican handwraps. less than 2.50 for one pair (4 wraps in this case, not 2). Best wraps in every way possible. Priceless.

I have 44 rolls of the stuff (11 pairs). Paid 27 bucks in the end. Set for a few years.

Hmm leroys really that good? For reusable elastics R2C and everlast have always made the best mexican handwraps ive used. I hate when they are too thick and suffocate your hand like grants or fighting sports do.

Le Roys are the lightest, and most badass wraps ever. Just take a lot longer to wrap properly and may have complications with velcro gloves if you touch the velcro to the wraps too often.

what is the deal with Le Roys? Why are they hard to wrap and why is a pair 4 wraps?

I personally prefer thick wraps since I, being female, have small hands and need my wraps to make up for the empty space in the compartment of my gloves.

They're not hard to wrap. They just take longer since there are more steps to secure it and you use 2 wraps per hand. Since there is no velcro closure to Le Roys you have to wrap them in such a way that you can tuck them into themselves so that they will stay in place and not come undone (mine rarely ever come undone since I have the wrapping technique down to a science almost).

Need 2 wraps per hand since each Le roy wrap is 110", not 180". Therefore, 4 rolls needed for 2 hands. Effectively you get 220" wraps in the end for each hand when doing it properly. Also feels lighter than 180" despite this. They still will buffer your hands even if small to be able to fit into gloves and arguably you will get an even more snug fit based on how they are wrapped to begin with.

They're not hard to wrap. They just take longer since there are more steps to secure it and you use 2 wraps per hand. Since there is no velcro closure to Le Roys you have to wrap them in such a way that you can tuck them into themselves so that they will stay in place and not come undone (mine rarely ever come undone since I have the wrapping technique down to a science almost).

Need 2 wraps per hand since each Le roy wrap is 110", not 180". Therefore, 4 rolls needed for 2 hands. Effectively you get 220" wraps in the end for each hand when doing it properly. Also feels lighter than 180" despite this. They still will buffer your hands even if small to be able to fit into gloves and arguably you will get an even more snug fit based on how they are wrapped to begin with.

video yourself wrapping one day

PLEASE

I have Le Roys but can't figure out how to use 2 wraps per hand, and obviously 1 is not enough for my hand.

You only are using 110" of wrap to train? I'll shoot you a pm.

Ill try them one day, for now everlast still and I love my new R2C ones

Not many people in NA use them. There's nothing wrong with the wraps you are using if you like them. The only decent 180" wraps I had were Ringsides old ones. The wraps my first coach gave me 3 years ago and the only 180" wraps I've had that are still going strong. Rival wraps are terrible, and so are title wraps. Ringside's old ones are fantastic.

For anybody who has Le roys, shoot me a PM and i'll show you a few tricks and methods you'll use everytime with success

Hey man i've been waiting for that for a while remember? I thought you forgot. Hit me up with the detes. Did you fix your phone yet? :p

Hey man i've been waiting for that for a while remember? I thought you forgot. Hit me up with the detes. Did you fix your phone yet? :p

Man, the only person whose down to fix it is in Puerto Rico, I'm gonna have to send the phone over there.

I can just give a detailed description of how I do it, or just make a thread like strato did with the elastic laces

I'm bout it. Go for it man. Btw why not just ask steve from rakuten if you can buy 1 ng-2. Wouldn't be that hard. 7 bucks?

I'm bout it. Go for it man. Btw why not just ask steve from rakuten if you can buy 1 ng-2. Wouldn't be that hard. 7 bucks?

I will, if I ultimately decide to get that amateur headgear. I need $200 plus shipping for my wants. A plastic clip, genuine leather and gold color.

So it doesn't have to be red or black for amateur competition anymore? Haven't had an amateur fight so I wouldn't know.

So it doesn't have to be red or black for amateur competition anymore? Haven't had an amateur fight so I wouldn't know.

you mean red or blue? No, it's never been like that. At least not in regular competition and tournaments.

Do you think half white, half gold?All gold?

you mean red or blue? No, it's never been like that. At least not in regular competition and tournaments.

Do you think half white, half gold?All gold?

Sorry lol yes red or blue. I thought it was blue vest and red vest and same respective headgear colors.

Anyways, I'd do all gold. If you want to do white, throw it on the ears maybe. Half white half gold split down the middle doesn't really seem as good.

Back