Social WR Lounge v292: I'm a bit of a nationalist...just not a white nationalist

American Agriculture, Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial Tech, Innovation, Manufacturing, R&D

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deorum

Fuck Your Thots
@Black
Reaction score
Title Credit: @Gutter Chris

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Deorum Note: And here's the proof you don't need to be a conservative culture warrior or right-wing shitbag Sherdogger to (actually) put America First.

PolSci.jpg

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Deorum Note: And here's the proof you don't need to be a conservative culture warrior or right-wing shitbag Sherdogger to (actually) put America First.

PolSci.jpg
No gray area lol.

PolSci.jpg
Without getting back into this too much I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with being a nationalist, I just am not one. If you look back at the previous thread I never said it was wrong I just pushed back on the idea that not being a nationalist was akin to caring about strangers over your family. I know your heart and have talked to you enough to know who you are and what you care about. I think people can and often do wield nationalist in a very dangerous and hateful way but that is certainly not you. I appreciate you scoring so highly on rehabilitative justice as well.

Without getting back into this too much I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with being a nationalist, I just am not one. If you look back at the previous thread I never said it was wrong I just pushed back on the idea that not being a nationalist was akin to caring about strangers over your family.

When you said this what did you mean?

So much nationalism here.

Just a neutral observation? No judgment, eh?

And how about this, when I said favoring one's own nation was a no-brainer?

Well it would be a no brainer to someone on the right, yes. I don't believe that people's value or importance is derived from where they live.

Looks like you're suggesting that people with nationalist viewpoints see themselves as better than others. You don't think believing oneself or culture as superior is wrong?

When you said this what did you mean?

Just a neutral observation? No judgment, eh?

And how about this, when I said favoring one's own nation was a no-brainer?

Looks like you're suggesting that people with nationalist viewpoints see themselves as better than others. You don't think believing oneself or culture as superior is wrong?
No judgement no, stop claiming to know what is in my heart. Remember that is bad? I didn't say better than others, that is the word you are using. I was responding to this post by you
Seems like a no-brainer. Putting the needs of other countries over your own sounds pretty shitty to me. Kinda like putting the needs of strangers over those of your own family. We institute government for our own benefit, not to benefit others at our own expense.
You are presupposing that one who isn't a nationalist is both putting the needs of others over the needs of the people in their own country (and oddly their family too) and you characterize this as "shitty". For as upset as you are about me supposedly attaching unfair meaning to your positions you are the one who did so originally and I simply responded doing the same thing. Never said it was wrong but I certainly disagree with it.

edit: You then go on to say
I put the needs of strangers ahead of my family because I'm a good person.
Sounds like it is you that is claiming opposition to your opinion makes someone a bad person.

I didn't say better than others, that is the word you are using.

You said "value". What is value if not worth?

For as upset as you are...

That you then go on to start talking about me being emotional is you avoiding the substance of the discussion. So whatever.

But for fun, tell me what you see as the pro side of nationalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back