Social WR Lounge v281: *Shivers* Full Blown Surefront

Most Beautiful Films of the 20th Century?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deorum

Fuck Your Thots
@Black
Reaction score
Title Credit: @essie

this was quite the elixir; cheers
The Lounge is so often dominated by @Sycho Sid's relentless passion for metal, punk and ska music but I think we should continue the "beautiful cinematography" theme into at least one more as an offset.

...out of my faves anyway, and in color for convenience.

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Deorum Note: The last time I quoted BFF for the thread title ("find someone who loves you as much as the War Room hates [redacted] people"), it was removed and I left in a huff for five days. I trust we won't have another debacle of that sort here, I've even modified it to remove direct name association with the Global Authority.

andrei-tarkovsky-the-exhibition-mirror-4.jpg

site_28_rand_1067703601_the_passion_of_anna_627.jpg

Still-Walking.jpg

Wife and her bachelor fan friends are all upset. They just want Harrison back.

Not surprised.

I'm a big David Spade fan in general but none of the TV shows he headlines ever make it past a season so I'll be pleasantly surprised if he holds the job for a few seasons

Quiet the Koreeda fan, aren't you?

I think Bergman is the master of letting a film speak for itself, but Koreeda is often overlooked. Heneke should be included in the conversation of ‘visually stunning directors/movies too. Godard. Hitchcock. Huston. But those first two directors were the best.

I think Bergman is the master of letting a film speak for itself, but Koreeda is often overlooked. Heneke should be included in the conversation of ‘visually stunning directors/movies too. Godard. Hitchcock. Huston. But those first two directors were the best.
Haneke is hard to quantify in a discussion of beautiful looking films because I think he is a great image maker but I wouldn't say that he goes out of his way to have very nice looking cinematography. Like Cache for example has so many memorable images but it's all attached to the idea of pov and surveillance that those images never feel transcendent in a way that Godard, as you mentioned, could do.

Not surprised.

I'm a big David Spade fan in general but none of the TV shows he headlines ever make it past a season so I'll be pleasantly surprised if he holds the job for a few seasons

My guess is he's a fill in for the paradise season, so Bachelor producers can say "see, we punished Harrison for being a horrible racist (for saying people should stop bringing up a party name from 2016 to cancel someone with and focus on what their actual behavior towards those of other races is) and now Harrison has apologized so we'll bring him back"

Lol @You and @PolishHeadlock2 acting like it's your wives that are watching The Bachelor

To be fair, I turned going to different dive bars every Monday night for over a year into a weekly routine with friends to get out of the house when bachelor and bachelorette was on

Wife's guilty pleasure is trashy reality TV. We did just start watching the new Ultimate Fighter season, because that's like a venn diagram of overlap of interests. Here's to hoping it doesn't suck too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back