Social WR Lounge v279: Venture outside of the Lounge and discuss something unrelated to trying to make BFFs

Your Top 3 Fave Kubrick Flicks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deorum

Fuck Your Thots
@Black
Reaction score
Title Credit: @PolishHeadlock2

I didn't feel like starting this. Pole ideas?

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

:)

Food.jpg

(no crawfish though)

:(

A recent session...

51037540817_bec3c5a81b_z.jpg
51037540822_ec4d5a7312_m.jpg
51036712588_a12111eff6_m.jpg

Awesome. Mexi Style?

Sounded like a complete buffoon last time he was on rogan for sure.

Rogan is a bloated gnome and the ceaseless growth hormone injections are not helping. Dude also clearly abuses the fuck out his TRT protocol without an AI to halt the excess estro conversion and then we have to hear and see him crying on the god damn fight broadcast. It's ridiculous. This was a pretty accurate physical representation of his 'evolution' and you know who created this masterpiece? lol. It was @Limbo Pete, dude (IMO). He won't ever confirm or take credit for that though.

Title Credit: @PolishHeadlock2

I didn't feel like starting this. Pole ideas?

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

:)

Food.jpg

(no crawfish though)

:(

Awesome. Mexi Style?

Rogan is a bloated gnome and the ceaseless growth hormone injections are not helping. Dude also clearly abuses the fuck out his TRT protocol without an AI to halt the excess estro conversion and then we have to hear and see him crying on the god damn fight broadcast. It's ridiculous. This was a pretty accurate physical representation of his 'evolution' and you know who created this masterpiece? lol. It was @Limbo Pete, dude (IMO). He won't ever confirm or take credit for that though.

Woah what did you make?? Nah the wife sticks to her side of the kitchen. The crawfish gotta be pure Louisiana. Only mexican involvement is her and her family eating who came for a visit.

Last edited:
@Lead
So if it's based on the work being performed/ policies being in place, I don't see a problem with that if the aim is to bring it to light and start a discussion/ debate about it. If it's to single out government employees who have a political leaning one way or the other to then put them under "investigation", that is pretty messed up. I don't know which of the two you are endorsing, seems like either. Would you be concerned if a Democratic senator put out a website to publicize a list of government officials with right leaning views? Tactics like this cause a chilling effect on people to not feel open enough to present their true viewpoints.
As far as I know, there isn't going to be a list of government officials being named for having wrong ideas. And I don't think that is the purpose of the site. Naming names for wrong think is un-american and doesn't fit the definition of whistle blowing.

I'm okay with anyone setting up a whistleblower site.

@Cajun
That's fair. A state like Texas has no state tax so you keep more. But why not just do a federal system if they are going to get involved anyway. Seems easy enough. My first career job was MD Anderson in 2001 for 26k per year out of my masters. I lived fine. Didnt have lots of video games, a nice TV or nice car but got along fine. In Texas you can get along with much less. Granted that was just me and not supporting a family on minimum wage. Thats also an issue. McDonald's jobs used to be a stepping stone job or supplemental job. Not a career job. Able bodied did something like construction (men). Its a complex issue where people are trying to win votes imo. But needs to be thought out.

I mean, you could. I just generally think the state itself would make a better decision and if they didn’t, it would be on their voters to getting it fixed vs having to have them trying to get it changed nationally. Like say the provisions worked for 45 states well but wasn’t working for 5. There would be very little political priority for it to get fixed and the people suffering from it would have less ways to get it fixed. I generally like having the states make their own policies when they can unless it violates rights in some way.

@Lead

As far as I know, there isn't going to be a list of government officials being named for having wrong ideas. And I don't think that is the purpose of the site. Naming names for wrong think is un-american and doesn't fit the definition of whistle blowing.

I'm okay with anyone setting up a whistleblower site.

Then I’m less concerned about it. I’ll redirect it to @Jack V Savage though as I think he thought it was related to calling out individuals. I don’t know if the outrage is unnecessary or not but that’s where I’d put the line at.

@Lead your last post was worthy of a "fair enough", but too well thought out to dismiss with such a quip. Therefore I will continue our debate here, if only to make @Unknown Pleasures jealous by my nemesissing with another poster.

One thing I notice is you going back to the student loan debate as an example of why you identify with the right so much. At the very core, the conservative argument is about fiscal conservatism and personal responsibility. Do you really think the Republican Party is the party of fiscal conservatism and individual responsibility? Is it fiscally responsible to audit the results of the 2020 presidential election? Is it fiscally responsible to cut taxes and start a war? Can a party claim the mantel of personal responsibility while investigating Ben Ghazi 100x and refusing to investigate the 1/06 insurrection?
There is room on the left for your kind of compassionate conservatism, The Right doesn't deserve to claim you.

@Cajun

I mean, you could. I just generally think the state itself would make a better decision and if they didn’t, it would be on their voters to getting it fixed vs having to have them trying to get it changed nationally. Like say the provisions worked for 45 states well but wasn’t working for 5. There would be very little political priority for it to get fixed and the people suffering from it would have less ways to get it fixed. I generally like having the states make their own policies when they can unless it violates rights in some way.
I can see that. Its just politics would still create disputes on the right and left. Wish there was an equal system of evaluation that could be levied across the board. I was thinking federal would be the easiest mode to achieve that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back