Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara

Enigma Zone
Pink Belt
Reaction score
@irish_thug i need you’re help again

Sketch I did something you’re not going to like

So according to a fan vote somewhere these are (some) the best TV characters ever....who do y’all think is best?

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

So my new favorite thing that I bought on Amazon, is the Amazon basics legal pads, and instead of boring yellow, they are lavender, blue and pink!

So my new favorite thing that I bought on Amazon, is the Amazon basics legal pads, and instead of boring yellow, they are lavender, blue and pink!
God yes!!!

Anybody have a hifi, home theater/surround sound set up? Looking for opinions on cable/wire management along baseboards or something. Want to hide it as much as possible. Specifically concerned about the wires running to my rears. Fronts and center isn't an issue.

Walter White isn't even the best character in Breaking Bad. That's reserved for Gus and Mike.

I'm in my 30s and have seen parents inject there 2 year old between the toes with H so they would stop crying....

I've read reports of juveniles that admit post-Miranda to thinking about raping someone and taking steps to act on the impulse and saying they'd say sorry to the victim but not really mean it.

Please stop.
No

Cop on the left is special units. Why is he allowed to roll his sleeves up. I could theoretically identify him by that tattoo.

I wouldn't because I respect his boundaries but still.

...I didn't call you gross. I called the argument you used dishonest and gross. And you didn't disagree with my description or characterization of it, so that's still my opinion of it.

I think that most people would apply that description as well. Saying that a person or their movement is dismissive of issues of inequality because they do not unconditionally accept one claimed instance - that's a fair description, no? I conceded that there was, of course, sexism against Clinton in all of her political races. In fact I started this out by saying she's regularly given no benefit of the doubt by everyone. But I said that the issue is undermined by claims of sexism that are no so hearty.

I spent several minutes carefully typing out my opinion. And you're clearly smart enough to understand it entirely. So if you are claiming that you can't discern it, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm writing off examples as not worthy of discussion because you didn't actually present any. Literally anyone can malign political movements based on referring to random internet conduct. Right wingers here do it all the time. In those cases, we also write it off, but at least they're actually producing actual specific examples that can be taken head on, like tweets or videos. You simply saying "there were a ton of sexist Bernie supporters" doesn't give me anything to work with.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else in re the ideology test. Although I've definitely moved upward on it over the years. But I'm not attacking you or even characterizing you in any ideological sense. I am taking issue with a specific argument and saying, rightfully in my opinion, that it's bad.

What exactly is "fundamentalist" about my perspective? If anything, it's rigidly rationalist.

As far as you Bernie/Biden experience goes, I completely believe it. In fact, I'd be really surprised if it was any other way since Bernie's major moment was a race against a female candidate and later competed closely against two other female candidates, one of whom made a pretty explosive allegation of sexism against him. Whereas Biden and his supporters (who are themselves much less active as participants in political discourse) have never been in that situation. I would personally predict that in, say, a contested race between Biden and AOC, you'd see far more sexism from centrist Biden supporters against the left-wing AOC than you saw from left-wing Bernie supporters toward Clinton. But that's conjecture.

As far as me "attacking" you goes, you called me a hypocrite and said I was engaging in or epitomizing sexism. I disagreed and said your argument was dishonest and gross. Pretty crazy that I would be the vicious one in that exchange.
Here is the post I am referring to https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/164310455/

I'm a very sensitive person by nature. You say I called you a hypocrite or claimed you were engaging in sexism but I don't remember doing that? If you can point me to that I would be curious. If I did say that or anything that made you feel that way I am sorry. I was not trying to criticize your post by saying I didn't understand it and I think you'd be surprised at my capacity to not grasp things.

I don't know how to quantify the experiences of sexism or examples of racism I have seen from people on the left in a way that would be suitable to you. If you mean to say that by virtue of those things coming from anonymous people on the internet they don't count that's silly. As an example take the whole of um oh fuck what is it called. That podcast with the assholes that is like brutally misogynistic but loves Bernie.

Cop on the left is special units. Why is he allowed to roll his sleeves up. I could theoretically identify him by that tattoo.

I wouldn't because I respect his boundaries but still.
There's a reason the US Military went to a new essentially grooming standard to stop having guys get tattoos on their forearms and it's for the reason you mention.

It's really funny because the stereotypical Special Forces guy is covered in full sleeves and shit but most of the ones we see that have left that gig (Tim Kennedy being an example) have no tattoos whatsoever or if they have them (Mat Best even though he was only a Ranger) got a lot of them after leaving.

There's a reason the US Military went to a new essentially grooming standard to stop having guys get tattoos on their forearms and it's for the reason you mention.

It's really funny because the stereotypical Special Forces guy is covered in full sleeves and shit but most of the ones we see that have left that gig (Tim Kennedy being an example) have no tattoos whatsoever or if they have them (Mat Best even though he was only a Ranger) got a lot of them after leaving.
EPvfpnuWoAE4_mO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back