Wow!

Masakatsu Funaki #1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I just got done lifting my old 70lb heavy bag. I would lift it, get it up on my shoulders then squat it. Sure 70lbs doesnt seem like alot, but man...when its in heavy bag form, it feels like its alot! I did it one set for 25 reps. I wish I would have done traning like this during my football days, and my last year of wrestling in high school. I remember reading about some of you guys doing something similar. Great stuff. I think it would be great for beginners. (Atleast once they get how to do a squat right.) Followed that up with alittle dumbbell work.

Sounds good man. Just out of curiosity, did you hold the bag behing your neck or on a single shoulder? I've been thinking about starting some heavy bag work soon.

Barut said:
Sounds good man. Just out of curiosity, did you hold the bag behing your neck or on a single shoulder? I've been thinking about starting some heavy bag work soon.
To make it as benefical to wrestling as possible, and give me the maximum workout, I would get it behind my neck, then squat it as a I would a bar.

I put rope around my heavy bag and do shit with it! It's kind of a makeshift sand bag!

I like sandbag work. Shoulder the bag 50 times in 20 minutes, when you can accomplish that, add more weight.

I can never be bothered to take down my heavy bag so I do squats using my training partners, seems to require much better balance and stabilisation, doing that and double-leg lifts at the end of a session seems to work for me.

SmashiusClay said:
I can never be bothered to take down my heavy bag so I do squats using my training partners, seems to require much better balance and stabilisation, doing that and double-leg lifts at the end of a session seems to work for me.

Rhadi shows a cool partner clean. I like that one for strength endurance and explosivity...

Back