wow who asked Brian Stann about "killing generations of people"?

Maybe you shouldn't quote numbers which are obvious bullshit. Calling me a fuckface for calling out bullshit is just silly.

I admit I didn't search the Internet for hours for accurate numbers which I regret, however, your

"Do you really think 300,000 were terrorists who deserved to die?"

comment does not suggest your were "calling out bullshit" but does suggest that i think 300,000 were terrorists who deserve to die, which I have never suggested I thought and do not think. Baffled at your train of thought i therefore i called you a massive fuckface.I think the guys who flew those planes Into the towers were terrorists. Certainly no fucking reason to invade a country in the Middle East though.

Matt-Riddle-High-Times-Interview.jpg

Why are you killing generations of people, man?

And we're assuming Stann signed up thinking "Horay, so excited to complete my mission of killing 100,000 civilians, I better get started on the civilian killing right away to please my commanders".

Uh....no? But he knew he would be murdering a bunch of people. He should be able to defend his actions.

All this blind patriotism is so dumb lol. Just because he's in the military doesn't mean he gets to do whatever he wants without a justification.

Not on topic, but I never understood why UFC promoted US marines in their events for quite some time.

Why mix any sport with 1 nation's politics and actions in war?

To those who think it is a good question to ask, I would say that Stann is not the person you would ask it to. He was a soldier following orders. Those people were his targets.

If you are looking for rationale or reasoning as to why he was there in the first place to do something like that, then ask the people who sent him there

yea, just follow those orders like a good soldier. Dont think too much, thinking means you arent patriotic and support terrorism. Just ask no questions and kill as many of non-merucans as possible, if youre lucky you might get a medal!

I say this as an American myself. I personally wouldnt ask Stann that question or anyone else, I dont have a big enough problem with soldiers to get into a shitstorm like that. But I sure as fuck dont consider them heros or give them any praise, either.

Not on topic, but I never understood why UFC promoted US marines in their events for quite some time.

Why mix any sport with 1 nation's politics and actions in war?

Because people eat that shit up.

To be honest...It's a good question.

Brian Stann effectively answers it on the podcast.
He doesn't deny it. He has no allusions about what he's done. I respect him for it.
No one will know besides him and people who have been in a similar situation...
unfortunately, not everyone of them have the fortitude to walk away from it the
same way...

"The pioneers of a warless world are the young people who refuse military service." - Albert Einstein

That about sums it up, Most on this forums idea of commitment is getting the post count up and clowning people... Political views are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink...

You should listen to him on Joe Rogans podcast. Changed my view of him a lot. Check it out.

I think "salt of the earth" is a good thing. Unless you mean you used to like him and after the podcast you don't.

To those who think it is a good question to ask, I would say that Stann is not the person you would ask it to. He was a soldier following orders. Those people were his targets.

If you are looking for rationale or reasoning as to why he was there in the first place to do something like that, then ask the people who sent him there

If you want answers of this caliber speak to the politicians or the captains of industry who pay them.

And I'm interested to hear what country hasn't fucked with people on a mass scale. Maybe Canada?

No, that's BS!

If people like Stann never joined to begin with, who would they have to send over there to do their dirty work?
All of this, "I'm just serving my country" narrative is just being irresponsible to say the least. These people can think for themselves and should have to answer for their actions.

Honestly not any of anyone else's business, those men all live with the choices they have made and i'm sure it weighs heavily on some of them

No one comes close to the US.

In the entire history of the world.

The powerful extort and victimize the weak.

That's not an American thing. It's a human thing.

Many things the US does make me ashamed to be an American. The drug war in particular and its effects on its own citizens as well as Central and South America, this is egregious and blatant corruption.

But make anyone a super power and see how they handle it. Roman Empire. China. Khan Mongolia. Attila's Huns. Nazi Germany. Imperial England. Soviet Russia. Colonial Spain. Pharaoh's Egypt. Achaemenid Persia. The Ottomans. The Mayans. Napoleon France. Viking Scandinavia.

If others were less successful it's because they were limited. How would Genghis, Julius, or Alexander have handled access to drones, nukes, aircraft carriers, and an endless money printer? Come on, son.

Well Hunt being a fatass means he's eating food that he doesn't need and starving kids in Africa die that would otherwise survive if Hunt was 180lbs and all the food he now wasn't eating ended up on the starving kids plate. All those dead African kids died because Hunt is a fatass.

Honestly not any of anyone else's business, those men all live with the choices they have made and i'm sure it weighs heavily on some of them

Actually it becomes other people's business when they effect others. In this case, hundreds of thousands of deaths. It is other people's business, and quite sad you think it doesn't matter and no one should be held accountable. Holy cow lol.

What people fail to realize is that one American life is worth a hundred of some other country. Maybe even a thousand depending on the country.

Back