Wow Submissions 101...

I'd still like to know about the people in the thread over on the UG. JRT6 said people were misrepping their ranks. How is that so?

first he is a Eddie Bravo rep that has never trained with him

I'm not a fan, but to be fair, he has trained *a little* with Bravo. I think he's got some footage up of a few seminars he hosted. I know that doesn't really consistent BJJ training under Bravo, but it's not true to say he's "never" trained with him.

Well, the comment about him training with Eddie Bravo was made before his affiliateship. I think somewhere in some thread he mentioned he's clocked maybe 20-40hrs total of training time personally with Eddie. That equates to about 2 months of training, assuming he trained with Eddie 3 times a week. However, in this case, he's including seminar hours (which make up alot of that 40), and some private hours. Im not sure exactly what Eddie requires of people that dont come straight from his academy to get a Purple Shirt and affiliateship, but if I were to train at an affiliateship, it'd either be Botello out in Phoenix, or Quick out in Dallas Fort Worth. At least they've clocked serious, regular training hours with both Eddie, and really good training partners.

as a person that lives in the same area as this person

he is doing a lot of talking about how he is better than the Carlson Gracie affiliate in the same town

this affiliate has a great school with proven medal in tournaments and pro MMA fighters

also he got his BB from a 7th degree BB and Carlson's highest ranking student

school is a school but dont disrespect a proven club when you are not

BTW in a tournament he got beat by a white belt

"I saw Ari compete in a Tiger Balms or West Coast Can-Ams in Vancouver. He entered the Novice (White Belt) Grappling division, and tapped to an armbar within the first couple of minutes. "

this is a post from that Carlson Gracie BB affilate from the Carlson Gracie Facebook Canada group page

I don't want to be overly sensitive, but given that I represent the Carlson Gracie Team in the same city as this guy, do you think that I should be offended by this photo, becuase I am pretty sure that my instructor Marcus Soares, a long-time student of Professor Carslon Gracie would be.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=11&thread=1274439&page=5

submissions 101 sucks, no one cares about ari bolden or the bolt lock.

why is there 11 pages of this? this guy is a nobody

as a person that lives in the same area as this person

he is doing a lot of talking about how he is better than the Carlson Gracie affiliate in the same town

the affiliate has a great school with proven medal in tournaments and pro MMA fighters

also he got his BB from a 7th degree BB and Carlson highest ranking student

school is a school but dont disrespect a proven club when you are not

BTW is a tournament he got beat by a white belt\

"I saw Ari compete in a Tiger Balms or West Coast Can-Ams in Vancouver. He entered the Novice (White Belt) Grappling division, and tapped to an armbar within the first couple of minutes. "

this is a post from that Carlson Gracie BB affilate from the Carlson Gracie Facebook Canada group page

I don't want to be overly sensitive, but given that I represent the Carlson Gracie Team in the same city as this guy, do you think that I should be offended by this photo, becuase I am pretty sure that my instructor Marcus Soares, a long-time student of Professor Carslon Gracie would be.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=11&thread=1274439&page=5

Damn, I didnt know Ari was going around saying he was better than people. Thats a new low.

Meh. I watched a few of their videos...nothing really special and a lot of small details missing. Whatever if Ari can get a casual fanbase, more power to them I guess. Also I doubt Ari's purple belt level but I'll save judgment for now

I just watched their videos after seeing a thread about them and wow is all I have to stay. These instructors look stiff as a board on the mat and even when they are teaching basic techniques like armbars and triangles they leave out very important details. I feel like I just got worse by watching their videos. I have since been watching highlights of marcelo, jacare, xande, roger, and rafeal lovato jr just to flood submissions 101 out of my mind.

These instructors have a website worth probably millions. That means fuck you !

this is really funny to me...cause i never saw people complain about this before on here...but, I used to search around on the internet for anything worth while to check out, and i specifically remember going to submissions101.com and thinking "wow...what am i watching?"

i thought it was just me...glad its not

my personal fav website (costs 10 bucks a month...worth it, you can cancel at anytime, but worth it to supplement training/drill before after class) is Virtualgracie.com - Online Gracie jiu-jitsu instruction by Rodrigo Gracie

rodrigo gracie's site...so technical, it will blow your mind

man he can do what he wants but when he is disrespecting other legal BJJ clubs that is where the line is drawn

BTW he never sends any of his students to tournaments to compete

man he can do what he wants but when he is disrespecting other legal BJJ clubs that is where the line is drawn

BTW he never sends any of his students to tournaments to compete

Not entirely true.

There is a video on the cite showing his students competing in a competition.

Yeah because gawd knows schools never talk shit about other shcools.

Yeah, his videos make things seem simple... Because he leaves so many things out!

Back