Wow Stefani Struve fought like Semmy Schilt!

I guess he did an OK job of using his reach....wouldn't call it Schilt-like, but I see what you mean. Honestly that fight was so frustrating to watch. I felt like Struve could have finished him, but held back for some reason. Didn't want to get caught, or maybe respect for Nog? Anyway...Struve has a long way to go, and Nog should retire before permanent brain damage sets in.

Even at 92 years old, Nogueira was still able to close the distance and land punches in most of the exchanges. It would have probably been lights out if he'd fought a HW who throws power punches.

I heard Goldy say last night that Struve is the tallest competitor ever in the UFC. Isn't Semmy slighty taller than Struve? I've learned never to take facts from Goldberg serious.

Semmy's 6'11" whilst Struve's 7'0". According to the net anyway.

That's easy to say but hard to do when you're 6'11"+

Being that tall does have some advantages but there are also some serious inherent challenges of being that height that most other guys don't have to deal with usually related to defense and and just general coordination. Almost everyone at that height is naturally awkward to some degree.

Oh, definitely. I didn't intend to deride him by any means or suggest that it's easy. It's just kind of a Roy Nelson slimming down type of thing where these changes and improvements are talked about seemingly every fight but don't ever actually happen or matter all that much.

Even at 92 years old, Nogueira was still able to close the distance and land punches in most of the exchanges. It would have probably been lights out if he'd fought a HW who throws power punches.

Pretty much, Struve still looked very hittable indeed and I wouldn't put money on him lasting a round vs someone like Arlovski.

Looking a bit like Semmy and fighting like him don't automatically go together.

No he didn't. But that doesn't remind me that Goldie and Rogan were saying that Struve has the longest reach in UFC history when Semmy had 4"s on him.

Somehow every halfway serious guy in my boxing gym can implement it.

I'm sure they are 6'11, top ten professional cage fighters, and have to worry about more things than punches with 10 oz gloves on fool

Struve is not good at all. Prime Nog would have destroyed him.

I'm sure they are 6'11, top ten professional cage fighters, and have to worry about more things than punches with 10 oz gloves on fool

No, they can do it with a much smaller size advantage, without full-time training and against guys who - unlike half the UFC - actually know how to strike.

Also, how exactly do big gloves make it easier to manage distance?

I thought this was joke thread to mock to Rogan's commentary but someone was seriously making the comparison, LMAO!

I heard Goldy say last night that Struve is the tallest competitor ever in the UFC. Isn't Semmy slighty taller than Struve? I've learned never to take facts from Goldberg serious.

Yup end of career Schilt had been remeasured at 7'0.5''

Used to be 6'11.5" earlier in his career ( 212cm )

I thought this was joke thread to mock to Rogan's commentary but someone was seriously making the comparison, LMAO!

Yeah, Struve tended to just walk straight backward and let zombie Nog back him into the cage and start punching. It was a far cry from Semmy.

10 years to implement is still a long ass time.
True. But the guy is 7 feet tall. Very hard to be coordinated at his height. Hes obviously not an athlete, I mean look at the guy

Dude had food poisoning and still he won. Shrugs. That's pretty cool in my eyes. 9 out of the 10 fighters probably would've cancelled the fight. Don't know about you guys, but when I throw up a lot I feel weak as f@ck and usually I can't even lift properly.

Dude had food poisoning and still he won. Shrugs. That's pretty cool in my eyes. 9 out of the 10 fighters probably would've cancelled the fight. Don't know about you guys, but when I throw up a lot I feel weak as f@ck and usually I can't even lift properly.

Eating in other country before a fight is risky. I remember when Kharitonov had food poisoning before fighting Barnett in the Strikeforce HW tournament. It weakened the shit out of him.

Back