Wow Stefani Struve fought like Semmy Schilt!

Oduj

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Did he study keeping the distance with his coach watching Schilt tapes? He wasn't perfect since Minotauro manage to get inside a couple of times and connect on his chin which has dangerous. Do you see him getting better over time? He is starting to be aware of exploiting his massive reach advantage with some jabs and font kicks even mora than previous fights.

I thought he fought like crap. Yes he was effective in using his skill set. But he showed a complete lack of aggression that must be present to make it to higher levels. Minotauro was very tired in both rounds 2 and 3, probably from cardio and getting hit - yet Struve didn't capitalize for 10 minutes of fighting.

Struve should've finished Minotauro or at the very least inflicted very serious damage. I don't think he'll ever come close to being a contender - unless the division has less competition than it has today.

He hasn't been the same since his long layoff, I'm still surprised he's back tbh. Hoping he gets back to the Struve who dominated Miocic. I really think he could become a contender at Heavyweight.

Hoping he gets back to the Struve who dominated Miocic.

He didn't really dominate Miocic. Miocic was clearly out landing him for the entire fight until he got caught and then Struve finished him off.

In any case that was a different Miocic than the guy fighting today and there is no version of Struve that would beat him now.

He didn't really dominate Miocic. Miocic was clearly out landing him for the entire fight until he got caught and then Struve finished him off.

In any case that was a different Miocic than the guy fighting today and there is no version of Struve that would beat him now.

Yeah Miocic has been really impressive since then, would love to see a rematch, should Struve get a few more wins.

Yes and no,he used his natural advantages a bit better than before but he didn't use them to move his opponent about like Schilt would do once he had established his range .

He barely beat a shambling Big Nog....

Yup, that's what happened.

Don't know where the " dominated Miocic" came from

Sitting here patiently waiting for the eventual shoop of Stefani

gwen-stefani-3889.jpg

I don't see Struve ever being champ but he could certainly improve a lot if he uses his reach better and gets some wrestling which I'll assume is his focus.

So 10 years after his debut in professional MMA, he finally starts to understand the most fundamental concept of striking?

Didn't look all that great, especially considering it was 2015 Big Nog. It always seems like he's going to turn a corner on using his natural gifts but then he doesn't.

I heard Goldy say last night that Struve is the tallest competitor ever in the UFC. Isn't Semmy slighty taller than Struve? I've learned never to take facts from Goldberg serious.

Didn't watch the fight but I'm surprised he didn't get the finish.

he looked the same he did against Hunt which i guess is good after the jaw and heart thing difference was just that he was fighting an ancient and shot Nog instead of a Hunt who while old still had a little bit left in the tank

I am more of a fan of his stuff with No Doubt.:)

It always seems like he's going to turn a corner on using his natural gifts but then he doesn't.

That's easy to say but hard to do when you're 6'11"+

Being that tall does have some advantages but there are also some serious inherent challenges of being that height that most other guys don't have to deal with usually related to defense and and just general coordination. Almost everyone at that height is naturally awkward to some degree.

Back