Wow. Robbie Lawler gets no rest.

Like others have mentioned, Lawler is a new fan favorite. He can fight every other card for all I'm concerned. His style is awesome, and having him matched up against Brown is a fight fan dream come true.

Yeah, he definitely has turned me into a fan, the guy puts on a show every time he steps in the cage.

He's got 200,000 reasons to not slow down.

Robbie's gonna Finally put an end to this Matt brown hype train let's see how he does against someone who can fight

Lawler may be just the baddest man in the entire sport atm!

I was never a big fan of his, but damn, the dude is something else. His attitude towards fighting is extremely refreshing for a fan during an era where many fighters play it safe. He's a warrior, without question. Seemingly gives zero fucks about anything outside of doing what he does, which is fight.

He's making good money. I want to see him slow it down a bit soon. Not too much, but a bit. Or else he'll get that deer in headlights swag like Cerrone had vs Nate Diaz.

i would like other fighters to follow suit, robbie , cowboy do things the correct way
even machida fights more often than not (except when he waits for title shots which never come :D)

I hope you're aware that Lawler didn't have any injuries and probably felt good the whole time. It's a different thing with nagging injuries and damaging fights.

Didn't Dana say in the last scrum that Robbie wanted a break because he was moving to Florida and hadn't seen his kids in a while? Robbie's a badass for stepping up when he didn't have to.

That's interesting. He probably changed his mind because it's a 'guaranteed' title eliminator against a favorable style.

I hope you're aware that Lawler didn't have any injuries and probably felt good the whole time. It's a different thing with nagging injuries and damaging fights.

Injuries or not, he took shots from Hendricks and Ellenberger. That is damage for sure.

Im not a fighter but assuming you weren't injured I don't get why you would NEED like 6 months off between fights, particularly if you are winning.

lawler is a beast. i can't wait to see him fight brown. that should be a good fight if those two dude slug it out.
Won't be much of a slug out.. Robbie is a better striker and he hits a lot harder than Brown does..

Ruthless will leave Brown in a heap on the canvas.

Lawler is definetly my second favorite WW. I would love to see him win the belt. He deserves it.

Condit vs Robbie would be a dream matchup for me if Carlos recovers 100% and is able to regain his prime form.

i would like other fighters to follow suit, robbie , cowboy do things the correct way
even machida fights more often than not (except when he waits for title shots which never come :D)
Before Belfort pulled out of his fight with Weidman, Machida said he was willing to fight and win 2-3 more times at MW before getting a title shot. That was after he beat Mousasi.

Lyoto is in beast mode right now. It's going to be great for his legacy if he beats Chris and defends his belt a few times.

Before Belfort pulled out of his fight with Weidman, Machida said he was willing to fight and win 2-3 more times at MW before getting a title shot. That was after he beat Mousasi.

Lyoto is in beast mode right now. It's going to be great for his legacy if he beats Chris and defends his belt a few times.

man do you have a red flag for every lyoto post :icon_lol:

i however agree with you, he does wish to be an active fighter
traditional approach

In the post fight scrum, dana mentioned Robbie wanting to take some time off ... they must have thrown a ton of cash Robbie's way.

Robbie is like my favorite fighter right now. I would watch him fight weekly.

I'm a fan of both guys but Brown is going to get KTFO. His style is tailor-made for Lawler to knock his block off. This is going to be an insane fight.

Lawler by 1st round KO

man do you have a red flag for every lyoto post :icon_lol:

i however agree with you, he does wish to be an active fighter
traditional approach
I came here to discuss Lawler and you posted about Lyoto. So I said something.

I didn't expect or come looking for a reason to talk about Machida in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

Its crazy how he was just a has-been gatekeeper at MW in Strikeforce and is now everyones favorite WW. Has anyone else in recent MMA had a resurgance like this? Now if he could crown it all with a title belt...

mike tyson fought heaps at the start of his career. Old time boxers used to fight several times a month. Active fighters are better fighters, as long as they're timing their training cycles appropriately.

Yeah, Mike Tyson also fought absolute cans for his first 20 or so fights, just like every prospect that goes pro in boxing. Most MMA fighters that have 20 fights or more have faced opposition equal to themselves by then. The can crushing in pro boxing is on par with the early Pride days.

Back