Wow Patrick Mahomes signs $503 million 10 yr contract with KC Chiefs!

Mahomes is probably the only player in the league that is worth paying that amount of money. 5 years from now it will seem like a better deal than it does now.

Are they gonna have enough now to pay kelce, hill, ect when their contract is up?

Are they gonna have enough now to pay kelce, hill, ect when their contract is up?
Thats what Im curious about, especially with no Audience due to covid where is this extra money going to come from?

Thats what Im curious about, especially with no Audience due to covid where is this extra money going to come from?
Most of the money for NFL is locked into TV contracts. They are losing a lot on ticket sales but the NFL doesn't really rely on ticket sale money as much as other pro sports like Baseball.

As for salary cap, contracts are funny money for cap purposes there are so many ways to tweak cap space it probably won't be a huge problem this season. Plus cap typically goes up each year, but we'll have to see going forward if that happens with covid.

This is why we stand
America land of the $$$

Probably the most likeable player right now, if he win's ~2.5 Super Bowls and I think that is a hell of a deal.

Uh no

patrick-mahomes-and-brittany-matthews-show-off-their-dream-house-180-shoes.jpg

She's grown on me.
She's a fitness freak and her body is pretty slammin.

As someone whose baby momma gotta long face, big nose and kiler body, I am fully endorsing my guy Patrick here.

It is like way more money than my dad made in his career.
His dad made 2.6 million for his whole baseball career, he was a journeyman pitcher. Pat Jr. has already made way more then his dad did in his whole baseball career.

Mahomes is probably the only player in the league that is worth paying that amount of money. 5 years from now it will seem like a better deal than it does now.
Yeah. 10 years ago the high was $18 mil a year when Brady signed an extension. Think what it'll be in 2030.

Exactly. 5 years from now they'll be paying guys like Goff, Carr, Foles (aren't terrible but aren't franchise changing IMO) $40 a year easily. Heck Mitchel Trubisky and Baker Mayfield will probably sign $45mil a year contracts. NFL QB money is just nuts right now.

Good for Mahomes. My only worry if I was him was that I'd be taking up all the money so I couldn't have good talent around me b/c of salary cap. The winning formula (if you aren't the Patriots) is to stack your team and then try to win with a QB on his rookie (cheap) contract. Once you gotta pay him you can't afford good d-line, o-line, or receivers.

She's grown on me.
She's a fitness freak and her body is pretty slammin.

As someone whose baby momma gotta long face, big nose and kiler body, I am fully endorsing my guy Patrick here.

Glad you finally are on board. Waiting for you to post up your Mahomes jersey now.

In America football is bigger than all other major American sports combined. He should be given a contract like that as the current best QB. Baseball players get crazy contracts an noone even watches baseball anymore .......

Arod's two contracts from the Rangers and Yankees are still both richer in absolute terms and guaranteed money, which is hilarious, considering how much more important a quarterback is than a freaking shortstop/third baseman... but good for him i guess. If he stays healthy and continues to improve and the Chiefs continue to win, he'll be the most underpaid player in the NFL in 5-10 years.

$140M guaranteed

barring health/something catastrophic, he actually has the opportunity to make more

But more is going to come from renegotiation. It would be like if I signed you up for a 30 year contract that will likely be underpaying you after year 5. Everything after that is meaningless because you will very likely just renegotiate to get the market rate. If you underperform, the team will renegotiate or just cut you. It would have been the same as just signing a 5 year contract. There is nothing wrong with the contract other than the tail of it has no value.

Good on him I guess?

It's the NFL, literally less than a third of it is guaranteed. He basically has to stay healthy and be a top flight QB for the length of the contract to get all of it, and with the way inflation works and he keeps playing the way he is he'll be grossly underpaid in 5-10 years. He chose security over betting on himself, which is fine i guess, considering how volatile Football is.

Back