wow, Marlon Sandro with very harsh words towards the UFC after yesterday's fight!

If i was good at GIF's, and actually gave a shit, I would prove this statement wrong. Barao on more than one occasion back pedalled with his fingers horizontal, just like Jones did when he was slightly stunned by Machida.

But people like Renan on this site....so nobody cares.

Barao clearly did and ate some leg kicks for it. He actually does it in a recent exchange preceding the headkick in the 5th that helped finish him as well.

Mad props to Barao for even taking the fight and saving 173. Could have easily pulled a GSP or something and fought twice this year

photo-1.jpg

00_naomi_grossman_pepper_american_horror_story_asylum_screenshot.jpg

Mad props to Barao for even taking the fight and saving 173. Could have easily pulled a GSP or something and fought twice this year

Totally agree. We were supposed to get Weidman/Vitor, then it was Weidman/Machida, Barao did the right thing and stepped up. Paid the ultimate price but that's what warriors do. They risk it all when called on to do so.

Don't even get me started on Jon "pokey" Jones refusing to fight a MW despite having a full training camp.

On the retreat yeah it does go to horizontal, but alot of other fighters do the same, Shogun is one.

The difference is when in close and not retreating the fingers aren't pointed at eyes.

And regardless no fighter has complained about it and his fingers don't end up in peoples eyes.

Complie a list of Baraos best eye pokes and compare that to the existing one for Jones and tell me its just hate for Jones that is different.

look does Jones have more eyepokes from his fights, for sure...but lets not pretend (like some on here) that other fighters don't use the same style.

so if two fighters have the exact same style. Yet fighter A has 5 pokes in his last 5 fights, and fighter B has 0 pokes in his last 5 fights.....is fighter A a more dirty fighter?

look does Jones have more eyepokes from his fights, for sure...but lets not pretend (like some on here) that other fighters don't use the same style.

so if two fighters have the exact same style. Yet fighter A has 5 pokes in his last 5 fights, and fighter B has 0 pokes in his last 5 fights.....is fighter A a more dirty fighter?

1 does frequently poke people in the eyes, 1 doesn't.

What more need be said?

If Jones had a couple pokes/rakes etc it could be just by chance, but clearly there is something very very different in how they do this as this is consistant from Jones and non existant from Barao.

Lots of fighters throw more knees than Kongo, but Kongos seem to hit people in the nuts more.

Is the techique the problem or is the problem how a certain person uses the technique?

Urijah took both fights against Barao on short notice. Bad form, Marlon.

Well he kind of has a point...

Why is a UFC "P4P King" Fighting 3 months after his last fight? Dana was calling this guy the best in the world, and I know his last fight was a first round KO and all. But you still have to put in a long training camp and need time to recover. But if he's one of their best guys that's not a good way to treat him...

I guess it's the model the UFC has by paying the lower weight classes less money and forcing them to fight more often.

Ronda Rousey had less of a break between fighting Tate and McMann, and the Tate fight went to the third round. Didn't seem to be a problem.

and dillishaw was still like an 8 to 1 dog... i dont think barao took him seriously.. thats just my opinion

1 does frequently poke people in the eyes, 1 doesn't.

What more need be said?

If Jones had a couple pokes/rakes etc it could be just by chance, but clearly there is something very very different in how they do this as this is consistant from Jones and non existant from Barao.

Lots of fighters throw more knees than Kongo, but Kongos seem to hit people in the nuts more.

Is the techique the problem or is the problem how a certain person uses the technique?

well Jones is a wrestler that likes to clinch and takedown his opponent. Barao is more a striker with good TDD. Their styles make them more/less likely to be in positions to poke people.

but you didn't answer the question....is fighter A a dirtier fighter....Yes or No.

well Jones is a wrestler that likes to clinch and takedown his opponent. Barao is more a striker with good TDD. Their styles make them more/less likely to be in positions to poke people.

but you didn't answer the question....is fighter A a dirtier fighter....Yes or No.

Yes he is.

Fighter B has no reason to change his style because he is not poking people in the eyes.
Fighter A is poking people in the eye consistantly and not doing anything to chance this.

Barao danced his way into the cage before the fight and was all smiles. He sure didn't look like a guy who felt he had been thrown to the sharks because he 'only' had 8-9 weeks to train. He probably already had plans for that win bonus.

Barao isn't responsible for what someone else says. So I am not saying it was karma or a bad thing he was feeling so good or even cocky. Just making the point he didn't seem to have any regrets about taking the fight

"I would prefer to rest a little more, but the UFC needed me, so I'm here to save the card. Unfortunately, Weidman got injured, so they called me and I accepted. It's always good to fight in these big events, I was pretty happy"

Barao hopes that the UFC remembers that he saved their UFC 173 fight card and that they will consider that when they renegotiate his contract.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/23/5644616/ufc-renan-barao-wants-to-renegotiate-contract-mma-news

He did want time off and only took this fight in the hope of getting paid more,
that said he did take the fight.

So I wonder if Marlon is talking about something else we don't know.

LIke it or NOT, to whine, complain & come up with any excuse after signing & agreeing to a fight is being a sore loser...U don't want the fight, U have an injury, an illness, don't fukin' sign...If it happens within days of the fight - call off! Don't fight, and then whine about it afterwards. IMO that makes U look like a bigger loser, & a whining, coward!

But it was not barao whining...

I really don't want to fighter bash so i'll just say he should shut his mouth. barao has had a tough schedule, but he signed a contract to fight. he's a man in his prime, but even if this was too much, nobody should be bitching about the UFC. even if barao is bitching privately, nobody should take it to the public forum. petty, petty Brazilians.... I hope Mendes wins so we can hear some new bullshit

From the UFC fighters I've seen, American's have stood out as the biggest sore losers. Dozens of them have excuse after excuse following a fight. I don't mind because that's what athletes have to do to convince themselves they can win, but to say Brazilians make the most excuses is laughable coming from Americans.

Back