Wow Jones vs Santos

With the new rules u can easily give it to Santos. Giving it Jones based on control is not realistic with how were supposed to be scoring the fights now.

I was drinking the night of the fight so it was a blur. Just rewatched it and I'm dumb founded on how people think Santos won. I'm not saying it was cut and dry but Santos did nothing. He landed some good leg kick but his bursts that Rogan came to didn't land, maybe a few hooks to the body but a lot hit Jon's arms backing away. The fight was just trash but Jones won with cage control given that neither fighter did much.

I'd still like a rematch given that Santos had no legs but this wasn't Gus vs Jones 1 where Gus was piecing him up and matching strikes.
If Santos would've charged forward with haymakers for most of the last round, he should've, and would've won.

Jones did very little either... I had no problem with Jones winning but if Santos had been given the victory instead it wouldn't have been a bad decision.

I think because Jones is this legendary, unbeatable fighter that some folks think in order to deserve the decision over him you have to do more than what would normally be required against any other fighter, but that's an irrational way of looking at it.
I agree. I could see this being a draw or split decision for either. I personally thought Santos won, but obviously that's just my opinion.

However, as you said, it's totally irrational that fighters "should have to beat Jones convincingly" to win a decision. If Santos edged out a close decision, then he should win. Jones shouldn't just win split decisions by default because he's Jon Jones.

Jon did very little in this fight overall. Most of the "damage" was done by Santos to himself when his knee kept popping out -- an injury Jon had nothing to do with.

I was drinking the night of the fight so it was a blur. Just rewatched it and I'm dumb founded on how people think Santos won. I'm not saying it was cut and dry but Santos did nothing. He landed some good leg kick but his bursts that Rogan came to didn't land, maybe a few hooks to the body but a lot hit Jon's arms backing away. The fight was just trash but Jones won with cage control given that neither fighter did much.

I'd still like a rematch given that Santos had no legs but this wasn't Gus vs Jones 1 where Gus was piecing him up and matching strikes.

What did jones do?

I said it on the night of the fight. Jon Jones easily won 5-0 to me. Santos appeared dangerous here and there. Just enough to make Jon Jones hesitate. However, he wasn't really doing anything except for couple of leg kicks. LOL

Jon Jones is so dominant that judges and fans are giving his opponents rounds based on moral victories. If Jon Jones doesn't make you look like a complete amateur, then you won the round. LOL

I gave the fight to Jon but your explanation is so shite it sounds like you're still drunk.

'Santos beat Jon's legs so badly he had to be helped from the Octagon but Jon won because of "cage control".'

As if cage control is prioritized over effective striking?

Come back when you're sober you fucking numpty.

giphy.gif

Join the club, but it was a right call on a split decision. Rounds 1,2, & 5 were actually really close and Jones was scared to engage, close the distance, or do any significant damage. Santos already had a shredded knee going into that fight and, hurt his other knee trying to adjust the pressure on his already injured knee. Despite having no legs under him, and Santos' legs giving out multiple times, Jones still refused to engage. Was a pathetic performance really.

It was a tough fight to score. Jones didn't do much in the way of meaningful strikes, but Santos didn't do much in volume. I personally thought that Santos took 1, 2, and 5, but I can see how people gave 2-4 to Jones. Either way, a rematch is necessary after Santos picks up a win or two.

All the judges gave him round 1

At least one judge had him winning rounds 2, 4, and 5 each as well
(2 gave him round 4)

It was a terrible performance by Jones, and he barely got past a man fighting on no legs just heart. I thought Santos won, he did well with his kicks without his legs, and landed the better furies in punches I believe. I think the judges thought Jones hurt him with kicks possibly, swaying them. The fight was close, Jones looked unimpressive as ever so. Hopefully Santos comes back strong, I'd like to see him win 2 and get a rematch but I'd like to see Jones fight Walker for the hell of it. Just give him as many fights as possible, many even Jan could be next. Corey Anderson doesn't interest me, but the guy is seriously underrated.

Back