Wow Jones vs Santos

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I was drinking the night of the fight so it was a blur. Just rewatched it and I'm dumb founded on how people think Santos won. I'm not saying it was cut and dry but Santos did nothing. He landed some good leg kick but his bursts that Rogan came to didn't land, maybe a few hooks to the body but a lot hit Jon's arms backing away. The fight was just trash but Jones won with cage control given that neither fighter did much.

I'd still like a rematch given that Santos had no legs but this wasn't Gus vs Jones 1 where Gus was piecing him up and matching strikes.

Jones hate has caused hallucinations.

Santos won 1,2, and 5th round.

So many people wanted to see Role Model Jones lose, they were seeing things they wanted to see.

Was at the venue live and left right before the read the score cards because I was postive Jones won clearly

Was super shocked when I heard later that it was a split and ppl thought santos won

Jones did very little either... I had no problem with Jones winning but if Santos had been given the victory instead it wouldn't have been a bad decision.

I think because Jones is this legendary, unbeatable fighter that some folks think in order to deserve the decision over him you have to do more than what would normally be required against any other fighter, but that's an irrational way of looking at it.

It's because Thiago did a lot more damage to Jon with those few shots than Jon did to him. The only real damage Thiago took was in breaking his own leg, which is all Jon cited as evidence that he was winning the fight.

I agree it's not clear cut, but there's a reasonable argument to be made.

I was expecting Jones getting hurt a couple times but only say Santos blitz with hard shots and miss all of then but a couple to Jones' arm and Rogan saying Jon has a chin.

I was expecting Jones getting hurt a couple times but only say Santos blitz with hard shots and miss all of then but a couple to Jones' arm and Rogan saying Jon has a chin.

I agree with you but I reckon it's the 5th that makes it controversial: Jones had an edge in volume, while Santos landed more powerfully.

Jones haters say santos won but if the rematch happen they wont bet money against the goat.

Agree with TS, easily saw it as a jones victory when drunk. Then again when sober

I agree with you but I reckon it's the 5th that makes it controversial: Jones had an edge in volume, while Santos landed more powerfully.

I was drinking the night of the fight so it was a blur. Just rewatched it and I'm dumb founded on how people think Santos won. I'm not saying it was cut and dry but Santos did nothing. He landed some good leg kick but his bursts that Rogan came to didn't land, maybe a few hooks to the body but a lot hit Jon's arms backing away. The fight was just trash but Jones won with cage control given that neither fighter did much.

I'd still like a rematch given that Santos had no legs but this wasn't Gus vs Jones 1 where Gus was piecing him up and matching strikes.

Yeah it was really weird. Concerned the fact the decision reads split decision because of some very questionable decision is going to be counted against Jones as people forget the context and look at the official result.

Not going to lie Santos was well on his way to going up 2-0 in round 2 but after the leg thing don't think he won another round or even that one. Gus on the other hand was about to wrap up the fight in round 4 when Jones's elbows came and Gus was lucky to not get finished. End of the day Jones haters wanted Santos to KO Jones and foot injury or not he had open season on a Jones who voluntarily fought Santos's fight for several rounds and still couldn't do any damage despite his reputation.

In my mind, the thing that made it close is the fact that Thiago pushed the action the whole fight and was mostly the one coming forward.

Its simple

• People Don't like Jones
  • Nobody thought Santos would put up a competitive fight
  • He actually did better than most peple thought
  • Mix that in with the Jones hatrid
  • People thought santos won
  • He really didn't

yep, it wasn't like a Jones-Gus

because Jones clearly won three rounds that time

Back