Wow, Jones just said he could make Middleweight!

cpirish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just saw this on post fight show on FS1.
If he goes down before up, he could be the only 3 weight champ. Eventually he will need new challenges so who knows.

Source then we'll discuss

Yeah, he's not very depleted at weigh ins and his build seems to point to this being more than plausible

make it happen Dana. Weidman, Anderson and Jacare would be on my wish list.

For the record, don't think it would be good for him or his health and not sure how effective he'd be

Probably said it so people will stop bothering him with the HW questions

If Cormier could only kinda get jones down once, then those Middleweight have no chance. Hed smash weidman. And I would love to see that.

He cant make MW, he's bsing becasue people call him a bully at lhw which he is when he out pwoered DC last night,.

Source then we'll discuss

The Fox Sports 1 post-fight show, during his interview. And it wasn't so much a declaration that he could make 185 in order to fight, but rather that if he "dug deep" (his words) he could probably make the weight. It was a point about how easy his cuts to 205 have been lately; he did weigh in in pants after all.

Bring on Weidman! Jones and Weidman, could you imagine Jones resume. If he lands Weidman on there, good god.

The most gargantuan LHW dropping down? Fuck this modern MMA crap attitude

The most gargantuan LHW dropping down? Fuck this modern MMA crap attitude

Gargantuans don't weigh in in sweat pants. Who's got the crap attitude?

Hand-holding-mirror-193x300.jpg

He cant make MW, he's bsing becasue people call him a bully at lhw which he is when he out pwoered DC last night,.

I hate that guy but I have to disagree. That was a fair fight, jones is just a strong ass dude. It's not like DC was 205 on fight night either

Bring on Weidman! Jones and Weidman, could you imagine Jones resume. If he lands Weidman on there, good god.

Or vice-versa. I think if the fight happens, it will be at Light Heavyweight if Weidman wins 3-4 more fights against really tough opponents at middleweight.

Gargantuans don't weigh in in sweat pants. Who's got the crap attitude?

Sweat pants!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!

Dude has fought damn near 1 person in his entire career the same size as himself, and is talking about dropping down.
gtfo, Cormier looked like he was in the Super Hulk tournament.

The Fox Sports 1 post-fight show, during his interview. And it wasn't so much a declaration that he could make 185 in order to fight, but rather that if he "dug deep" (his words) he could probably make the weight. It was a point about how easy his cuts to 205 have been lately; he did weigh in in pants after all.

Thanks!

He would brutalize the MW division. It would be a MMA fan's dream come true to see him drop down, win the belt, go back up past LHW and up to HW and snag the belt there as well. If there is one fighter who I actually think could do this, it is Jon Bones Jones.

he'd look like that ex TUF fighter who broke his leg (forget his name)

So I guess, going by Shertard logic, a HW (Cormier) lost to a MW (Jones).

Back