Wow, is Matt "The Immortal" Brown really one win away from a title shot?

I doubt he beats condit but could you imagine if he was the one to dethrone gsp?

Brown has been ridiculously overrated on this board, Condit will put an end to all this "matt brown is a contender" nonsense. I'm going with Condit by 1st tko.
you never watched Matt Brown fight.
he is a killer, like Condit, but scarier.

I don't think Brown has anything to offer GSP, but seirously, if he wins against Condit then he has definitely deserved the #1 spot. His current wins are good but not contender good, but a win against Condit without a doubt is the best win a contender (that's not Condit himself) can get.

Dunno, I kind of think of Brown as a poor man's Condit...

Seems a lesser fighter
Seems a less likeable guy

He's exciting and has beaten loads of guys in a row, and if he beats Condit he deserves a shot, I just don't seem as enamoured with him as other folks on here.

Anyway, here's the spoiler:

If GSP beats Hendricks I think Maia (should he beat Kos) gets first crack.
If Hendricks beats GSP then we will either see a rematch instantly, or Rory get his title shot against Johny.

Matt would be the injury sub in either case, but I wouldn't see him getting the shot in either of the above scenarios.

Condit will wreck him, but yeah, say Brown finished Condit, there's no question he would deserve the next title shot.

not sure why some are even pondering about this.
if brown beats condit, he needs to fight gsp even if he doesnt want to.

but condit beats brown. sorry.

If GSP beats Hendricks I think Maia (should he beat Kos) gets first crack.
If Hendricks beats GSP then we will either see a rematch instantly, or Rory get his title shot against Johny.

Maia is fighting Shields not Kos.

He still won't have beaten any top 10 ranked guy if he gets past Shields though. And Kos would be an even weaker argument, imo. I don't think he has earned it yet. People go on about how Brown didn't fight the toughest opponents but I actually wonder how Maia is already ranked #4...

Good for Matt. I remember when he was like 11-7 and in danger of getting cut.

Buut, if the UFC really wants to build him up as a challenger, they shouldn't have given him Condit. I think Carlos is a terrible matchup for him.

Condit won't back straight up and allow himself to get brutalized against the cage. He'll circle away from the cage, cut angles, and land a ton of shots.

I think he needs to beat more than one top 10 guy before getting a title shot.

Yes his win streak is very impressive, but none of those victories were over the top of the WW heap.

Back