Wow, is Matt "The Immortal" Brown really one win away from a title shot?

If he destroys Condit, which I don't see happening. I would love to see him get a shot.

Because beating condit equals title shot now a days and he's been KOing everyone.

If he beats Condit he'll be more deserving of a title shot than Diaz and Hardy were.

I agree that if he beats CC he deserves a shot. This will be a tough fight for both guys. I can see fight of the year potential.

If he beats Condit, especially in impressive fashion, then he absolutely deserves a title shot.

I dunno, Condit has had 36 fights spanning 11 years and never been KO'ed. :eek:

I watched Anderson get koed...anyone can go to sleep. Condit may not dance around like Anderson but his chin can be found and will be tested by Brown.

Looks that way. If Brown can beat Condit I have no gripe with him getting a shot. That said, I think Condit takes this one, and sets himself up to rematch the GSP vs Hendricks winner.

If he beats Carlos Condit he deserves it.

Brown has been ridiculously overrated on this board, Condit will put an end to all this "matt brown is a contender" nonsense. I'm going with Condit by 1st tko.

He's currently on a 6 fight win streak, and against Condit, his toughest challenge to date, if he can somehow pull off an upset, it would be hard to deny him as being the #1 contender.

GSP vs. The Immortal - What an unlikely title fight.

You speak as though Hendricks has already lost to GSP. In reality, he's not even that big of an underdog. GSP is now down around -200.

Is it also possible for the UFC to get a PPV with only 3 buys? If Matt Brown headlines it is.

The guy has become a real good fighter and a legit title contender, he just makes Fedor seem like a personal bundle of joy. He has no way to ingratiate fans, which is stunning seeing he is somewhat of an exciting fighter.

Also doesn't help that KOing two great guys like Pyle and Swick really make me dislike him, but shit thats his job.

Brown has been ridiculously overrated on this board, Condit will put an end to all this "matt brown is a contender" nonsense. I'm going with Condit by 1st tko.

He could be a contender for his skill, but love him or hate him you have to say he's a contender due to his record. He fights who the UFC gives him and has won 6 in a row, if he beat Condit there really is no man at 170 who can say he deserves a title shot more, hell even without beating Condit a 6 fight win streak should be more than enough for a shot when pretty much everyone else in the division is on a 1 or 2 fight streak.

as of late every fight hes had ive been thoroughly impressed. Hes a very different fighter compared to his tuf days. And to think Amir won the show

GSP asked for Diaz, a privilege he's well deserving of

Hardy was the only top 5 WW GSP had not defeated...but I'd love to hear you sell us on how Paulo Thiago or Mike Swick would have been more deserving. I guess you could have thought yet another BJ or Hughes fight would have been better :eek:

Name value is absolutely a factor in earning title opportunities. Hardy and Diaz both had that, and with Matt Brown being a FOX hero, he's deserving as well.

I think it was pretty clear at the time that the winner of Hardy vs. Swick would get a title shot. People only complain about the Hardy fight because he was a terrible match for GSP and offered nothing in the fight, but at the time he did what he had to do to earn the shot.

He's a great fighter, but I don't think he can take Condit nor GSP.

Do you even watch his fights? He may not beat Condit but he's shown a tremendous amount of talent during his win streak. He absolutely deserves to be talked about as a title contender.

Back