Wow I'm hurting!

Give yourself sometime to get used to BJJ training before ramping up the frequency of your training. Listen to your body...it sounds like it is telling you to rest for a day or so. Drink plenty of fluids, take in plenty of protein and consider taking L-Glutamine to boost your recovery. As your body adjusts to BJJ training in a week or two you will be able to comfortably ramp up your training.

Word!

:icon_twis

Very true. Also you will never develop your game if all you are concerned with is tapping someone. You will get burnt out. Training is not a competition. It's about leaning the art of BJJ.

if ur muscling out of things, your already starting off on the wrong foot...learn to calm down, don't freak out, learn the technique, then learn to apply it without power... and honestly, you really can't tell how hard the higher ranks are going on you because tho they might seem to be using the same intensity in your eyes, your eyes don't know what to look for yet... and they prob are only using 1/4 of their techniques on you

Thanks again guys I just got back and I'm done.

I trained with more of the advanced guys today and it was disgusting how easily they were passing on me and me not being able to do a thing about it.

After each time I got submitted I asked them how I could defend against what they did, some of them couldn't explain it too well but I tried to make them, plus that gave me time to breathe. lol

Did 2 hours today, thank goodness there's no classes Fr-Sun so I am getting to let my body rest until monday because I'm done.

Thanks guys.

Thanks again guys I just got back and I'm done.

I trained with more of the advanced guys today and it was disgusting how easily they were passing on me and me not being able to do a thing about it.

After each time I got submitted I asked them how I could defend against what they did, some of them couldn't explain it too well but I tried to make them, plus that gave me time to breathe. lol

Did 2 hours today, thank goodness there's no classes Fr-Sun so I am getting to let my body rest until monday because I'm done.

Thanks guys.

Wait until after the roll to ask questions.

Wait until after the roll to ask questions.

QFT. Those guys consider it a favor to roll with a newbie (and it is, pretty much). The most they can get out of it is some endurance from a continuous roll, and if you keep stopping to ask questions they probably won't take to you very well. I rarely ask questions at this early stage in my training, I figure I don't know enough to understand the answers anyway. But guys have still gone out of their way to show me some defenses, which is nice. The only way I get out of being mounted by the tougher guys is inviting the armbar, and then using the escape I was taught. Not a good habit, I know :)

make sure you come back and tell us how many people you tapped after your SECOND week! wow, if you got all those submissions in your first few days you will be amazing

try to use less energy when you roll..it sounds like you are muscling most of your submissions

sounds like you are strong and you are using all your strength and energy straight out with no idea of the proper technique, so what do you expect the advanced guys to do? theyre going to dominate you and show you that youre wasting your strength and energy by trying to train that way

QFT. Those guys consider it a favor to roll with a newbie (and it is, pretty much). The most they can get out of it is some endurance from a continuous roll, and if you keep stopping to ask questions they probably won't take to you very well. I rarely ask questions at this early stage in my training, I figure I don't know enough to understand the answers anyway. But guys have still gone out of their way to show me some defenses, which is nice. The only way I get out of being mounted by the tougher guys is inviting the armbar, and then using the escape I was taught. Not a good habit, I know :)

not really i like rolling with newbies because it gives me a chance to work on my new unusual sweeps and submissions i wouldnt be able to get very easilly on blues and purples etc

Thanks guys, that's why I am asking the questions, and I'm waiting after they tap me to ask.

I'm going to start trying not to muscle my way in or out of things but I need to learn more techniques, I know that's only going to come with more time so I'm just going to be patient and keep going.

There are 2 guys that have been there for a month, another 3 or 4 that have been there about 3 or 4 months and those are the guys that I've been able to control a little better, not the fellas in the advanced class. Kind of goes back and forth, I'll submit, they'll submit etc. Couple guys because they're smaller I can get control of all the time without any problems.

When I'm rolling with the expert guys in the advanced class that just completely roll through me I really don't think that's helping me is it?

I'll try to hang with them but they just pass through my guard like nothing, then go for the tap and I have no idea what to do or what happened.

Back