Wow. Horrible. 2 boring decisions > 2 finishes????

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
I realize that neither woman would beat Rousey but seriously, how in the world did Holm get the shot over Nunes with those God awful perfomances? If this was a grunting contest, then Holm by a large margin. But nothing I've seen from Holm has impressed me up to this point. Yet Nunes just finished McMann and gets not love. And the to make things worse, Tate is getting the next shot after? I dont know who's getting treated worse, Nunes or Jacare.

Try to see the beauty in Holm's fights. She did not look awful or anything. Thats just her style.

When i see her fight i dont see awfulness. I see good footwork and proper technique and gameplanning. Very rare in WMMA.

Pennington and Renaue were a bit afraid to move in because of Holms accuracy. Ronda will be aggressive. So it will be entertaining.

Holm will tag her up.

Dude, split decisioning a 5-5 fighter and beating a soccer mom is INCREDIBLE!

I think it's because Holly Hype has a name and is getting old, and they have no confidence in her beating any of the top 5.

Nunes needs to fight Tate then

Don't forget Nunes was finished by Zingano not even a year ago and Nunes 2 opponents she just finished are a combined 2-6 in the UFC

Last edited:
ish ish ish ish ish ish ish

Maybe because one camp was pushing for the fight more than the other camp? And one fighter is more marketable than the other? And one is already old by MMA standards (33) and the other is young (27)?

Nunes will only improve given more time. Holm isn't going to get that much better, especially if she's facing off with Rousey when she's 34 or 35.

They need to capitalise on Holm's hype before she takes a loss. This fight makes perfect sense to me.

I realize that neither woman would beat Rousey but seriously, how in the world did Holm get the shot over Nunes with those God awful perfomances? If this was a grunting contest, then Holm by a large margin. But nothing I've seen from Holm has impressed me up to this point. Yet Nunes just finished McMann and gets not love. And the to make things worse, Tate is getting the next shot after? I dont know who's getting treated worse, Nunes or Jacare.

Like it or not, Nunes getting finished by both Alexis Davis and Cat Zingano (two fighters that Ronda crushed in seconds) is relevant. I wouldn't have minded seeing Nunes get the fight, but it's not a huge injustice.

Don't forget Nunes was finished by Carmouche not even a year ago and Nunes 2 opponents she just finished are a combined 2-6 in the UFC

She was finished by Zingano. But it wouldnt really matter.. Ronda beats them all.

Don't forget Nunes was finished by Carmouche not even a year ago and Nunes 2 opponents she just finished are a combined 2-6 in the UFC

Nunes had fought better competition by far. Holm has not fought NOT ONE top 10 opponent. You can try to justify all you want to like a good Dana druid but dont hold losses against her because she's actually stepped in there with the best.

like mcmann, holm has better credentials outside of mma to sell to casuals. tbh, holm hasn't looked horrible but rather i just haven't seen anything dominant from her in the ufc. she actually seems to be fairly technically sound striker, which is rare in wmma.

Like it or not, Nunes getting finished by both Alexis Davis and Cat Zingano (two fighters that Ronda crushed in seconds) is relevant. I wouldn't have minded seeing Nunes get the fight, but it's not a huge injustice.

Davis was half a decade ago. Cat is relevant, but it's still her only loss in the last 5 and is made up for by finish McMann in a round. Holm hasn't faced anyone of the caliber of either of those two fighters

Don't know who you're thinking of, but they haven't fought, much less a year ago

i dont even think she deserves more than miesha

but oh well

Davis was half a decade ago. Cat is relevant, but it's still her only loss in the last 5 and is made up for by finish McMann in a round. Holm hasn't faced anyone of the caliber of either of those two fighters

Don't know who you're thinking of, but they haven't fought, much less a year ago

Cat Zingano

Not sure why but I get those two names mixed up at times

They are just trying to cash in on their rising star, imo.

Tate presents an actual fight challenge. Holly Holm gives you more highlight reeel potential for RRR.

Try to see the beauty in Holm's fights. She did not look awful or anything. Thats just her style.

When i see her fight i dont see awfulness. I see good footwork and proper technique and gameplanning. Very rare in WMMA.

Pennington and Renaue were a bit afraid to move in because of Holms accuracy. Ronda will be aggressive. So it will be entertaining.

Holm will tag her up.

Dude there was no beauty to her fights, that's laughable. And she pretty much whiffed the air on every kick and punch she threw, it was horrible. Making woman noises does not count as a landed strike.

Nunes or Tate 3 wouldn't sell a shit. Business is business.

Back