wow! Canelo Fielding Size Up in NYC!!

Judging from Fielding's physique alone, Canelo's bodyshots have him folded like origami by rd 4 at latest.

I think when I did fighter height comparisons Canelo came up at 5'7

To note, in your pictures GGG is a legit 5'9 same height as James Toney and GGG and Toney were neck and neck in a pic they had together.
GGG being 5'9 supports Canelo being 5'7 something there, def over an inch difference.

Actually looking at the other poster aboves Amir Khan who is 5'8 vs Canelo who is an inch shorter in that pic again confirms 5'7 for Canelo.

Inch shorter than Khan (5'8) two inches shorter than GGG (5.9).
Im 5’9 and Khan was about 1/2” taller than me

Everyone that’s been next Canelo has said he’s somewhere around 5’7 or 5’8

Golovkin is about 5’10. And Danny is about an inch taller. Would you says Golovkin is 2 inches taller than Canelo or 2.5 inches taller?

Golovkin is about 5’10. And Danny is about an inch taller. Would you says Golovkin is 2 inches taller than Canelo or 2.5 inches taller?
All I know is heights in boxing are padded

De La Hoya was listed as 5’10, he’s 5’9 tops, Mosley was listed at 5’9 and he’s really 5’7

Dont know about GGG, he looks lean enough to be 5’10 though

You have to take into consideration their frame too, Paul Williams and Pavlik were big dudes, then theres Lemiux who is listed as 5’9 and looks as lean as Williams and Pavlik

That's interesting because Amir Khan is listed at 5'8" and a 1/2. Usually, fighters are listed as taller than they really are. I always thought Khan looked taller than 5'8"1/2.

That's interesting because Amir Khan is listed at 5'8" and a 1/2. Usually, fighters are listed as taller than they really are. I always thought Khan looked taller than 5'8"1/2.

Khan + me about 7ish years ago, I'm about a third of an inch shy of 6ft. Also I have a horrific facial deformity that means I have strange googly eyes and no nose and a squiggly line for a mouth, please don't call attention to it as I'm extremely insecure about my circle face.
381097_132570396848779_743952728_n.png
I think 5'8 and a half might be right for Khan.

Skillwise, Canelo is far above Callum Smith and on a different planet compared to Fielding but still, if he wants to be a legitimate fighter at 168, he'll need to develop some new wrinkles because he won't get away with resting on the rope no matter how good of a counter-puncher he is. Hope this is a belt-grab and that he stays at 160 primarily. I don't think his power will translate that well into 168 either, no matter which round he folds Fielding. There are great fights at 160 and while I don't mind fighters taking easier fights every now and again, I hope this isn't a new path of least resistance Canelo has chosen for the reminder how his career. He's far too good for that.

Back