Wow, anyone see C2's website?

l
We should have a 2000 meter competition here. That separates the men from the boys.

Trying to put up a decent 2000m time will show erveryone who tries it why rowers have to have great aerobic endurance, anaerobic endurance, strength, muscular endurance and most of all a huge lactate and pain tolerance.
And you begin to understand why competitive rowing is considered one of the physically most demanding sports in the world.
I would say that purely in terms of physical demands rowing is pretty close to MMA.

I can easily state the thought of a 2000m scares me. 1000m? Meh, painful, but not bad. 500m? REALLY painful, but short. 5000m? 10,000m? Nothing hurts quite like a 2000m.

In hindsight I should have snapped a pic of the memory, which actually shows the meters and time. At any rate, I'm a man of honor, and I had 4 other folks there with me today.

Ok X, your turn. You have 20 pounds and probably at least 10 years on me, which equals no excuses. Game on.

^Haha cool. Like I said, I (physically) moved away from the C2s, so I'll have to wait until fall to best your time :D

The next time I feel good when it is time to hit the CII in training I gonna go for a new 500m PR.
1:25.8 is damn good. Will be hard to beat.

I need to get back on the rower again. Every time I've been in really good shape, I've been on it consistently. The best shape I've ever been in had me doing some combination of the rower, burpees, and pullups nearly every day. It was miserable but highly effective.

And really there's no excuse for me not to be on it regularly as I own one and I work at a gym, so I have plenty of access.

Back