Wow, anyone see C2's website?

thread-delivers.jpg

Damn, man, that's cool you posted. I was checking for Crossfit affiliates on the east coast, because I'm doing a 2 week tour of NS and PEI this summer. Ran across your website, and saw the stats, so I had to mention it here.

I'll have to try the 4-5 setting; I'm only 170, but setting the damper that low just feels...loose, if that makes sense. I tried 6 the only day and upped my stroke rate, but it didn't change my time.

Damper setting is kind of "personal" ... there's no right or wrong setting. As you improve your stroke you will start to "feel" better at certain dampers for certain distances. Experiment and see what works.

During your tour of NS/PEI if you happen to make it to NB, you are more than welcome to stop by to train with us!

My gym's C2 is OLD. It has a damper, but no numbers, and a performance monitor, but the monitor seems nowhere near as sophisticated as that on the newer models.

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I notice 0 difference with an open/closed damper.

Anthony, how big is the box that the C2 is shipped in. I'm trying to decide where to get it shipped.

About $200 more than you would pay from C2 (even after shipping and tax).

About $200 more than you would pay from C2 (even after shipping and tax).

Yeah, but at least I can go there and try it first, then if I do want to purchase one, I'll get it off the site.

Good news: Got my machine set up and it works great.

Bad news: The seat slid down the track while I was putting the machine together and my thumb got jammed under it. I had to get a few stitches.

Good news: Got my machine set up and it works great.

Bad news: The seat slid down the track while I was putting the machine together and my thumb got jammed under it. I had to get a few stitches.

Ouch.

Ok after four workouts here are my intitial impressions:

1. The workout is very taxing. Infact my joints need some time to adapt but I'm not complaining and it's very easy to get in the 90% HR.

2. My nuts are really getting grounded between my legs. That's a bit annoying.

3. The workouts are hard, which is good because that machine is as monatonous as all hell. I've only been able to do 10 min finishers and 20 min sprints on it. At hard paces you have to be in the moment to keep the pace up which really makes time drag. LSD may allow one to zone out but I haven't tried that yet nor am I really in the mood for that kind of workout.

So, so far I have a nice machine for hard finishers and short sprints that rubs my junk raw. I will have to use other exercies for longer workouts and that's fine. I"m still happy with my investment so far.

Wear spandex, or something similar (i.e. very tight). Your junk will thank you.

Ok after four workouts here are my intitial impressions:

1. The workout is very taxing. Infact my joints need some time to adapt but I'm not complaining and it's very easy to get in the 90% HR.

2. My nuts are really getting grounded between my legs. That's a bit annoying.

3. The workouts are hard, which is good because that machine is as monatonous as all hell. I've only been able to do 10 min finishers and 20 min sprints on it. At hard paces you have to be in the moment to keep the pace up which really makes time drag. LSD may allow one to zone out but I haven't tried that yet nor am I really in the mood for that kind of workout.

So, so far I have a nice machine for hard finishers and short sprints that rubs my junk raw. I will have to use other exercies for longer workouts and that's fine. I"m still happy with my investment so far.

20min sprint=oxymoron

Who knows. Despite being good at "pulling" lifting movements, my rowing seems to have hit a pretty solid plateau.

On the other hand, I normal use rower sprints as a finisher to "real" workouts, so I guess I shouldn't read too much into my times since they're fatigued anyway.

I'm just using "sprint" as a ****phor. Ross says if you're going to run distance run fast so I'm rowing the 20 min as fast as I can w/o killing myself.

Since when is "****phor" a curse word?

500m in 1:25.4.

That puts me 2nd in the world for this season in the lightweight division.

They won't rank me on concept2's website until I verify with witness, but I started the process so it should be up soon.

Not bad considering this was my third workout today. :D

Back