Wow, anyone see C2's website?

Good find.

There's a couple of rowing machines in the gym that never get used. Thanks.

I think C2 is basically the standard in rowing machines. It's wonder my excuse for a gym has them.

Holy shit. I never knew they made models that could fold up like that. For a while I was seriously considering getting one but space was an issue.

I suddenly find myself very self-conscious of my 500m row time. I've only tried once, and it was after a leg workout, but I need to get down to 1:30, at least.

I can usually hit 1 min 25 on the 500m row for pace, but I usually die out at 1 min and end up with min 33-35 pace.

I work out at home and have a rower that I got from my uncle about 10 years ago. I love the thing and use it to warmup before lifting and for conditioning as well. It seems expensive but considering how easy it is to maintain and how long it should last for I think it's definitely worth it.

Hey Guys my name is Greg Hammond and I work at Concept2 and train on the Indoor rower and have for years. More and more fighters are getting into it for training as well as a lot of the military Special Ops guys, NFL players and Pro Motocross riders. The main reason is the ability to kick your ass so hard. It is perfect for high intensity training as well as baseline cardio. Weaknesses have no place to hide because every muscle if being worked. If any of you have any questions on the Indoor Rower or how fighters are using it. feel free to contact me. Another good resource is John Hackelman at

So I'm going to start taking my rowing more seriously...now I just gotta make sure it doesn't interfere with my strength my strength/power goals. I like rowing, so I'm probably prone to overtraining it, and with 2x a week squatting, my legs are going to need their recovery time.

So I'm going to start taking my rowing more seriously...now I just gotta make sure it doesn't interfere with my strength my strength/power goals. I like rowing, so I'm probably prone to overtraining it, and with 2x a week squatting, my legs are going to need their recovery time.

2000M row on max resistance is a nice cool down after leg workouts IMO.

Hey Guys my name is Greg Hammond and I work at Concept2 and train on the Indoor rower and have for years. More and more fighters are getting into it for training as well as a lot of the military Special Ops guys, NFL players and Pro Motocross riders. The main reason is the ability to kick your ass so hard. It is perfect for high intensity training as well as baseline cardio. Weaknesses have no place to hide because every muscle if being worked. If any of you have any questions on the Indoor Rower or how fighters are using it. feel free to contact me. Another good resource is John Hackelman at

Got my 500m time down to 1:38, again after a workout. Maybe sometime next week I'll try it fresh. For some inexplicable reason, I really want to crack 1:30.

Would anyone else be interested in an ongoing 500m C2 row challenge?

Got my 500m time down to 1:38, again after a workout. Maybe sometime next week I'll try it fresh. For some inexplicable reason, I really want to crack 1:30.

I hit 1:30.6 a few weeks ago but I'm much heavier than you (228lbs.). That was the first 500m sprint that I've tried in years and it was hard a shit but I think I can drop it another 2 seconds. I'm having a problem with ITBS right now so I think I'm going to have to stay off the rower for a bit while I rest it.

It would be cool to include the rower into a conditioning challenge if enough people have access to one.

Jesus, are you fucking kidding me? I actually have a shot at beating Xtrainer at something? :icon_twis

Currently have a 1:32, I'd LOVE to crack 1:30. I've been doing 500m after workouts, but a guy can only do so many. I nearly blew chunks last week after a few sets. Other than high-rep squats, I'd have to say rowing sprints are mighty nausea-inducing.

I've been messing with the damper settings lately; that's actually one area I was disappointed with on the C2 website. IMO, there's just not enough info about it, and/or recommended settings.

Jesus, are you fucking kidding me? I actually have a shot at beating Xtrainer at something? :icon_twis

Currently have a 1:32, I'd LOVE to crack 1:30. I've been doing 500m after workouts, but a guy can only do so many. I nearly blew chunks last week after a few sets. Other than high-rep squats, I'd have to say rowing sprints are mighty nausea-inducing.

I've been messing with the damper settings lately; that's actually one area I was disappointed with on the C2 website. IMO, there's just not enough info about it, and/or recommended settings.

Hey, I've only tried it twice-don't sell my newb gains short :D!

The last 100m kills me.

Damper settings?

So the higher the damper setting, the harder each pull is, but the more distance is "traveled?"

I'll crank this up next time I row, thanks.

My big fat powerlifting ass tried it for the first time tonight. I did 2:00.5. The first 30 seconds were ugly as I had to find my stroke, and had to briefly adjust the shoe straps. I'm gunning for 1:45 for now.

Back