Wouldn't you rather have seen Cormier vs Miocic...

doomy200

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In a couple of weeks, we have a fight that really doesn't make much sense IMO. Cormier vs Nelson is what I'm talking about.

Cormier and Miocic are coming off of wins, not to mention Miocic just beat Nelson dominantly.

I think Cormier is gonna trip up Nelson and control the fight. There is a slight chance Cormier might gas while carrying around the heavy Nelson, but he was able to handle Bigfoot easily.

Anyway, I think Miocic is a beast. When you consider his speed and power, he is a super tough fight for Cormier. Would have made MUCH more sense to make that fight, but oh well I guess.

Yup, definitely. But Cormier is to blame as he won't fight the champ. He shouldn't be fighting contenders like Miocic.

No DC and Roy don't like each other. Plus this is DC's "final fight" before dropping down. Pointless to put him in there against a rising contender (maybe)

That's nonsense, regardless if Cormier chooses to drop down or not a win over the strike force gp winner would mean a lot . I think Cormier wanted this fight because it will be an easy win.

Roy is the gatekeeper of the heavyweight division. If you can beat him you're a contender. Roy has zero wins against any top 10 contenders.

If DC is leaving the division there's no reason for him to knock off someone on a win streak. And this also gives Nelson a chance to rebound against a big name.
It makes sense as it is, if you ask me.

Cormier vs Cain is the fight we are being robbed of.

Not really.

Watching Cormier take out a rising contender right before leaving wouldn't do much for me.

DC is leaving the division, so why not let him beat up someone he and Uncle Dana both don't like?

if Cormier wasnt planning on moving down to 205 i'd agree but since it seems that he is i dont think its wise to ruin a up and coming young contenders chance to make a title run.

Cormier vs Cain is the fight we are being robbed of.

I'm happy he's dropping down b/c now we get to see Cormier/Jones. The storyline of Cormier being the first shorter guy (and smaller reach guy) to test Jones is one that very much excites me.

Seeing what's going on with Thiago Silva today, I'm thinking he leapfrogged Nelson on Dana's shit list.

Really doesn't matter who Cormier face b/c he's going down to LHW. At least they have beef to hype it up.

TS acts as if everyone in the world will just step up to fight Cormier.

Nelson is someone who takes fights without thinking twice.

Cormier wanted to fight Werdum but Werdum intends on waiting for a title shot whenever thats going to happen.

Cormier is going to knock the shit out of Nelson for the fens and it will be glorious.

Dana knows that DC has the Mir curse so he wants the loss to be as brutal as possible.... Knock DC off his high horse.

Back