Wouldn't gastelum be better off at bellator?

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
For a few years at least. No disrespect to him at all. I think he's one of the best, but at the moment, there's no route to the title and he's fought almost everyone now. If he goes to bellator, barring gegard, I don't see ANYONE giving him trouble. He could become a fucking dictator at 185 AND earn that sponsorship money. At ufc, he'll always be a contender who never makes it to the finish line. And as bellator keeps building its roster, it'll just make him look more legit there.

We would be better or at WW or even LW.

gastelum at 155?!?!?!?!?!?

tenor.gif

Yes, everyone would be.

Regardless of whether he's in Bellator or the UFC though, he should get his shit together and potentially give WW another try.

There wasn’t anything in his fight with Izzy that makes me want a rematch. So by that logic, yes. But who knows. Maybe Vetorri can grapple a decision win out of Izzy and Rob can fight him for the strap.

I think he'd be better off because getting cut is the only chance at a "wake up call" he can get at this point. He could go improve elsewhere and come back as a legitimate contender. Sadly, the MW division is painfully shallow and he will likely stay and continue floundering but he is a complete waste of talent who could have been a champion IMO

Most UFC fighters would do better in Bellator. Doesn't mean they want to go there, some guys enjoy fighting in the best organization testing themselves against the best fighters in the world.

Kelvin can either continue on doing what he's doing and have a good long career as a Top 10 gatekeeper for the MW division, giving us great fights and likely earning a decent living along the way. Or he could make another attempt to change up his diet and cut down to 170 and try and make another run there. I don't see any reason why he'd have to run off to Bellator, he's still a very solid UFC fighter and his fights are always entertaining.

If he doesn't go to 170 (and we're all pretty sure he won't, right?) then he just needs to move down in competition is all.

He keeps losing to top 5ers. So stop. He probably beats most guys ranked 10-20. Pull a Bisping and drop down a few rungs, win a few, work your way back up slowly, and keep building those skills.

He makes a lot per fight I think. So fight 2-3x/yr and become a millionaire that way, because gunning for a title shot prematurely just didn't work.

Last edited:
Gastelum is too small to hang with the elite @ 185, and not disciplined enough to safely fight at 170... the guy is talented, but I wish he was a lot more methodical/disciplined with his training, and between fights.. the guy could be an elite WW, or he can continue to have varied success/failure at MW.

Many Bellator WW and MWs beat Kelvin

Saucy, Lovato, Tokov, Lima, Berkhamov, Amosov, Larkin, Koreshkov, Jason, Joey....

I'm probably the biggest Joey Davis fan on this board but I wouldn't want him anywhere near a 170lb Kelvin Gastelum at this stage of his career.

gastelum at 155?!?!?!?!?!?

tenor.gif

Nah. He's a small guy. 155 is his optimal weight. But he just does not have the table discipline or impulse control to manage it. He's never had it. Even when he was wrestling in college, it was outside his optimal weight. And he did Ok anyway.

1232344678.0.jpg

This is Whittaker and Gastelum. And bear in mind Whittaker fought at 170.

Back