Wouldn't Conor McGregor be more of an 'Irish' Bruce Lee than a 'Irish' Ali?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of vlogs and interviews of Conor McGregor, he seems to imitate and idolize Bruce Lee more than Ali in terms of his philosophy, fighting and image.

The only thing I see in common with Ali and McGregor is that they both talked tons of shit?

P.S. Lets not get into a discussion about whether Bruce Lee was a legitimate martial artist or just an actor. The discussion has been exhausted...

He reminds me of lyoto machida more than anything. His switch kicks look cool, but it's his boxing that does all the damage.

No Bruce Lee is an actor not a fighter. Connor is no Ali though either.

I found myself all aboard this hype train and even had a little fun poking jokes now and again but im over it and theres no way hes getting passed Aldo. This hype train is running out of track.

Exactly, no Bruce Lee, No Ali......just a good fighter..... nothing else...

Can you actually say that with a straight face? haha, I don't think even you believe the shit coming out of your mouth. haha... "good" fighters do not to do Siver or porier, what conor did....When he ko's aldo, is he still just a "good" fighter?

Can you actually say that with a straight face? haha, I don't think even you believe the shit coming out of your mouth. haha... "good" fighters do not to do Siver or porier, what conor did....When he ko's aldo, is he still just a "good" fighter?

When he kos Aldo lmao, tall order.

Back