Would you watch an Avengers, Captain America, or MCU movie?

Well Chris Evans is pretty flat as Cap, so if he started acting gay, it may give the performance some color. He is ten times better as the human torch.

I get it Tony...you're a MCU super fan..so am I so are most card carrying nerds. but why did you originally start obsseing over X-Men Marvel DC characters? because of what they represented. Masculinity, Truth, Justice, Strength, Courage. even ethnicities I'm sure their are black kids that like Luke Cage, and Black Panther because they were well...black.

Some Italian guys may have been a little more into Punisher because he was Italian. Some Former Marines may Have read Punisher because he was a former Jarhead. Why now Make him a Navy SEAL? stuff like that irks the living shit out of me and greatly offends my nerd sensibilities.

To be honest, I don't really care about anything you just said although I understand where you are coming from. I just watch movies for the fighting/violence but that's just me.

No. Mostly for a lot of reasons that have already been posted but also because it might take away potential exposure and screen time from great Marvel characters that are (and have always been) LGBT such as America Chavez, Living Lightning, Hulking & Wiccan, Karolina Dean...

This is one problem with the "PC gender/color/orientation swap" being done in comics/SF/fantasy these days that gets overlooked:
Efforts are being made to elevate existing minority and female characters to prominence (Luke Cage went from blaxploitation to a legit bad ass Avenger) and new ones are being conscientiously created (Anole of X-men) while reveals/outing are done tastefully and logically (Obsidian of JSA) and even some swaps made sensr (Renee Montoya/Question.) Unfortunately, quite often, the decision to fast track (exploit, really) the visibility of the corporate entity's diversity model relegated these artistic choices to the background in favor of cheap exposure that is amplified by sensationalist media (Iron Man is a teenage black girl! OMG!) This can also insinuate that "Gay/interracial /female/nonbinary/etc characters don't sell so we take the proven commodity and do the swap out." Everybody loses except the idiots and everybody is angry at someone (but usually not the right someone.)

To be honest, I don't really care about anything you just said although I understand where you are coming from. I just watch movies for the fighting/violence but that's just me.

Well.....if you don't care...why post in the thread to begin with?

No. Mostly for a lot of reasons that have already been posted but also because it might take away potential exposure and screen time from great Marvel characters that are (and have always been) LGBT such as America Chavez, Living Lightning, Hulking & Wiccan, Karolina Dean...

This is one problem with the "PC gender/color/orientation swap" being done in comics/SF/fantasy these days that gets overlooked:
Efforts are being made to elevate existing minority and female characters to prominence (Luke Cage went from blaxploitation to a legit bad ass Avenger) and new ones are being conscientiously created (Anole of X-men) while reveals/outing are done tastefully and logically (Obsidian of JSA) and even some swaps made sensr (Renee Montoya/Question.) Unfortunately, quite often, the decision to fast track (exploit, really) the visibility of the corporate entity's diversity model relegated these artistic choices to the background in favor of cheap exposure that is amplified by sensationalist media (Iron Man is a teenage black girl! OMG!) This can also insinuate that "Gay/interracial /female/nonbinary/etc characters don't sell so we take the proven commodity and do the swap out." Everybody loses except the idiots and everybody is angry at someone (but usually not the right someone.)

Completely agree with your point of view..as usual great post

Well.....if you don't care...why post in the thread to begin with?

Because you said "would you watch an avengers, captain america or mcu movie where Captain America was openly gay?".

And I said yes. I don't get bothered by such trivial things as long as I get to see some good ole fashion violence.

@sleepwalk

I think what's going on is some conspiracy theory type mass social engineering plot to change the way we think. Like twisting something like the MCU that appeals to children and adults alike

Along with putting NFL players in pink. Sending women in to infantry mos's. The whole transgender bathroom saga they get to do what ever they please in schools and can go in whatever bathroom they want.

I think the powers that be, that control mass group think are trying to unconsciously twist our views and opinions in a conscious way through entertainment mediums. so one day when we wake up and you have gay transgendered Incredible Hulk,

Gay Mexican batman, gay Chinese professor Xavier. And as funny as all that may sound...... life can start to imitate "art" and you'll see it filter into our everyday zeitgeist.

Jus saying.

Yes but please keep your affection at home base rather than on a big screen.

No I'm little tired of PC in movies now-a-days

What's political correctness got to do with it? You know homosexuality wasn't invented by those darn annoying liberals; gays have always just existed.

I assumed TS meant if CA just happened to be gay, is all; not just another liberal crusade for bigoted morons to accept the natural existence of something they personally are disgusted by.

Which if you think about it, makes sense; Steve Rodgers pre enhancement was a low-T manlet - could very easily have been homosexual.

Having said that, my opinion; Urggh no fucking way, not if he was one of them there dirty ass queers - it's an affront to our Lord Jehovah and the Baby Jesus.

Keep Gay out of life people!

I bet you could edit a version of the Captain America movies where Bucky is the love interest without even shooting any extra scenes.

It wouldn't effect me one bit as long as the movies were just as quality and the romance was kept as much as it is currently.
I also grew up with these comics in the 90s and would rather see new interesting characters created to expand rather than just change current ones. But in reality it doesn't bother me enough to not watch it.

Back