Would you watch a real Hunger Games/Death Race/Running Man type of show?

gocubsgo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day and figured I'd see what others thought.

If there was a real Hunger Games or Running Man type of show that somehow made it to a Cable network that was filmed on some remote island somewhere, would you watch it? I hate to say it but I think I probably would

Yes, yes I would. The Romans did, so we should too.

It would consist of each country picking out it's top soldier from their respective militaries and duking out in a barren and unforgiving city wasteland.

Last edited:
Hell ya I would watch would be fun would watch a real hunger games for the fact I don't really like kids

i would probably feel compelled to watch it once, but knowing someone is gonna die is not cool imo.

If it was a voluntary event or prisoners I would watch it. If it was children I would help hunt down those involved. I am the type that can watch any video with out batting an eye, unless it involves children.

Absolutely not, I watch Formula 1 through my fingers a lot and nobody's died in that in a long time.

Only if it was with Hot chicks and no dudes.

No chance. Watching people die shouldn't be a spectator sport, ever.

If it was a voluntary event or prisoners I would watch it. If it was children I would help hunt down those involved. I am the type that can watch any video with out batting an eye, unless it involves children.

Way better idea than mine. Take the worst prisoners from each country regardless of their physical condition (fat, old, & sickly) and force them to off each other.

Way better idea than mine. Take the worst prisoners from each country regardless of their physical condition (fat, old, & sickly) and force them to off each other.

Haha, what does the winner get? Executed?

Hunger Games was an awful rip off. Crap movie all around. Give me Arnold and King's Running Man any day of the week.

And probably not TS.

I'd be all over that shit tbh.

I wouldn't want kids/teens though. Sorta like Battle Royale you'd end up with a bunch of useless gimps and maybe a handful who know how to get shit done.

The Running Man format was perfect (The movie anyway. I enjoyed the book but it gave Richards too much freedom to make for an entertaining show)

i would probably feel compelled to watch it once, but knowing someone is gonna die is not cool imo.

I sense that this is probably the most common reaction, thats why its so weird to see in the movie (and I guess thats why they are movies) that there are just millions of rabid, bloodthirsty fans. I doubt I could make it through a few minutes.

Yes. It would be awesome. I would even volunteer to be a contestant.

I would add I wouldn't support it if it wasn't a fair contest. I would want everyone to start with the exact same equipment / vehicle.

100% yes. I'd bring back the Gladiatorial Games in an instant. Real life Running Man re-runs would beat the Superbowl Numbers.

Pretty much.

Entertainment is entertainment, but I'm not really a fan of snuff films.

Imagine a show like WIPEOUT. Except the soft cushioned pads are replaced with chainsaws.

Back