Would you want to see Nick Diaz fight again?

In the world where he's a professional athlete in a weightclass below LHW. He looked flabby and out of shape beyond doubt.

Comparing him to the average couch potato isn't really relevant, is it? Especially when he normally looks in great shape.

I was impressed with his ability to throw so many strikes though, he looked like he was gonna gas getting into the octagon.

Out of shape for sure. I can agree to that. Fat is the HWs with their guts spilling over their trunks.

Reactions: egk
Potentially k would, but he needs to fight sparingly, train more, and have the right opponent. He’s clearly not going to be a title challenger or anything like that, but there are a couple fun fights for him.

Out of shape for sure. I can agree to that. Fat is the HWs with their guts spilling over their trunks.

It's a matter of perspective, for sure. I get where you're coming from. He wasn't fat compared to those guys but still, he was carrying a lot of excess for an in-shape fighter. His face is where he really shows the ravages of age and all the partying he's reportedly done in the last half dozen years.

Not gonna lie. Would absolutely love a well trained slimmed down Nick Diaz/Tony Ferguson showdown at 170lbs.

I'm not a super fan of Diaz, but dude can still take a punch and give it back. I can't believe he got off the stool in the 3rd as it was clear he had nothing left in the tank. If he truly only had 6 weeks of training camp (as Shields asserts), I have a lot more respect for him showing up even with the weight class change. I think he could still have some fun fights ahead, albeit he's no real threat to the title or anyone in the top 10 (at any weight class).

Shields is talking shite....6 weeks is enough time to get in better shape than he was. Other fighters have taken fights (inc his own brother) with less of a camp and performed way better.

I can't believe Nick Diaz has a submission (terror) loss on his record. Who would have thought that after all his tough talk?

Other fighters have taken fights (inc his own brother) with less of a camp and performed way better.
True, but not coming off a 6-year layoff from fighting. It's my understanding that he hasn't stopped doing triathlons in his absence from fighting, so he may have incorrectly/arrogantly assumed that 6 weeks was good enough to get in "fight shape".

Nick did seemed checked out before the fight but I think it was more so the circumstances. Sounded like he wanted to come back but was pressured into taking the fight sooner than he was ready for.

According to Jake Shields he had 6 weeks to train and was pressured to take the fight sooner than what he actually wanted.

View attachment 881794

I hope he does want a fight right away like he said if he loses. He obviously was not prepared for this fight.

FALoG8aVkAgWIBf

This was Diaz in April...if he comes back in this type of shape im all for it.

Have him fight Cerrone.

War Diaz

This.

Sure, if he wants to fight. I thought he was putting on a decent showing before the finish. His boxing and head movement still looked pretty damn good.

Always been a fan but he really didn't look like he wanted to be in there.

Nick did seemed checked out before the fight but I think it was more so the circumstances. Sounded like he wanted to come back but was pressured into taking the fight sooner than he was ready for.

According to Jake Shields he had 6 weeks to train and was pressured to take the fight sooner than what he actually wanted.

View attachment 881794

I hope he does want a fight right away like he said if he loses. He obviously was not prepared for this fight.

FALoG8aVkAgWIBf

This was Diaz in April...if he comes back in this type of shape im all for it.

Have him fight Cerrone.

War Diaz

They could bring back Diego for the rematch.

I don't want to see him fight again. His heart isn't in it and that should be clear as day to anyone who watched that. The UFC is always fucking fighters around with short training camps and forcing them to agree to fights. We just saw that with Ngannou. The UFC is a fucking joke.

He was fat? In what part of the world, especially in a country where 40% of the population is obese, is he considered fat?
For his standards for sure.

PMP or Gall tier fighter - maybe. But nah. Even if he gets 25% better/sharper - it ain't enough to not be at too big of a risk to fight at this level.

I really wonder what happened to him after that pic he took in April.... Did he just say fuck it and start clubbing again?

Back