Would you want to see Nick Diaz fight again?

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Nick did seemed checked out before the fight but I think it was more so the circumstances. Sounded like he wanted to come back but was pressured into taking the fight sooner than he was ready for.

According to Jake Shields he had 6 weeks to train and was pressured to take the fight sooner than what he actually wanted.

Screenshot 2021-09-26 11.56.01 AM.png

I hope he does want a fight right away like he said if he loses. He obviously was not prepared for this fight.

FALoG8aVkAgWIBf

This was Diaz in April...if he comes back in this type of shape im all for it.

Have him fight Cerrone.

War Diaz

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-26_11-57-5.png
    upload_2021-9-26_11-57-5.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 4
Why the fuck was he fat! He said he would make no excuses, but I think there’s more to it.

I don't care how many triathlons he runs. He was clearly not in fight shape.

Like I said in another thread.
Yes with the caveat that he trains very hard (full camp, nutrition, strength & conditioning) and actually wants to fight.

EDIT: How can this picture be in April? There cannot be such serious physical decline in a couple months. Also I doubt the dude was doing triathlons and putting serious work into S&C.

His fans don't want to hear it, but he QUIT out there. There was clearly no fire in his eyes and he clearly didn't want to be there.

I don't want to see him fight again. His heart isn't in it and that should be clear as day to anyone who watched that. The UFC is always fucking fighters around with short training camps and forcing them to agree to fights. We just saw that with Ngannou. The UFC is a fucking joke.

Why the fuck was he fat! He said he would make no excuses, but I think there’s more to it.

He was fat? In what part of the world, especially in a country where 40% of the population is obese, is he considered fat?

No. Only non-MMA fans would want to see him fight ever again.

...that's nonsense. Robbie looked good and Nick still fought competitively in the first two rounds after six years off.

Don't be so hyperbolic

...that's nonsense. Robbie looked good and Nick still fought competitively in the first two rounds after six years off.

Don't be so hyperbolic

They both looked terrible. They shouldnt have been in there to begin with,

Reactions: Amm
I hope he is financially secured now, so he can do what he wants to do.
Would be in for another legacy-fight though. Match him up with Cerrone!

Absolutely. Even in his current condition, it was fun to watch him fight. Obviously not a world beater but I’d much rather enjoy fun fights than Schevchenko fighting random chicks. If he comes in shape he might actually beat some decent fighters.

Think if its another fight setup, should be GSP vs Nick

I don't want to see him fight again. His heart isn't in it and that should be clear as day to anyone who watched that. The UFC is always fucking fighters around with short training camps and forcing them to agree to fights. We just saw that with Ngannou. The UFC is a fucking joke.

He was fat? In what part of the world, especially in a country where 40% of the population is obese, is he considered fat?

In the world where he's a professional athlete in a weightclass below LHW. He looked flabby and out of shape beyond doubt.

Comparing him to the average couch potato isn't really relevant, is it? Especially when he normally looks in great shape.

I was impressed with his ability to throw so many strikes though, he looked like he was gonna gas getting into the octagon.

I'm a fan of the Diaz brothers and think he was fat and think he quit. You have to consider the context. He wasn't fat for an average person but his face was puffy and fat and his so was the rest of him compared to an in-shape fighter. There's a reason they upped the fight from WW to MW with just a week's notice. Diaz either couldn't or didnt want to make the weight.

I agree with you that I'd rather not see him if he doesn't want to do it. All during the leadup to the fight he talked about how he hates fighting. The old Diaz fire wasn't there at any time. If he doesn't have that, he's not the same guy.

I'm not a super fan of Diaz, but dude can still take a punch and give it back. I can't believe he got off the stool in the 3rd as it was clear he had nothing left in the tank. If he truly only had 6 weeks of training camp (as Shields asserts), I have a lot more respect for him showing up even with the weight class change. I think he could still have some fun fights ahead, albeit he's no real threat to the title or anyone in the top 10 (at any weight class).

Back