Would you want to be able to remember your previous incarnation?

Nope.... “If there were no God, there would be no atheists.”

If there is no god (which is likely the case), and no one believed that there was, everyone would be an atheist by definition.

Big Tim needs to develop his philosophy game cause he gettin Fedor'd out here.

If there is no god (which is likely the case), and no one believed that there was, everyone would be an atheist by definition.

Big Tim needs to develop his philosophy game cause he gettin Fedor'd out here.

“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.”

“Truth is sacred; and if you tell the truth too often nobody will believe it.”

Kinda feel like I should peace out of this conversation, since I lean toward a deterministic view of the universe and there's not really much room for the immutable soul in my belief system.

But it is interesting to think about from a quantum frame of reference: not one eternal soul in two bodies but separate clouds of subatomic particle entangled with one another to the degree that something fundamental about the existence of both people coincides.

It would be weird to contemplate someone with the same personality, though patterns, likes and dislikes as you while having a completely different extraction, upbringing, experiences, etc. I guess it'd be fun to see if my mentality would be as ill-suited for another existence as it is for this one.

“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.”

Exodus 21:21 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Hardly ideal.

“Truth is sacred; and if you tell the truth too often nobody will believe it.”

Truth is demonstrable.

How would you remember this existence if reincarnation is real?

Exodus 21:21 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Hardly ideal.

Truth is demonstrable.

“Most modern freedom is at root fear. It is not so much that we are too bold to endure rules; it is rather that we are too timid to endure responsibilities.”

“Most modern freedom is at root fear. It is not so much that we are too bold to endure rules; it is rather that we are too timid to endure responsibilities.”

"90% of the game is half mental."

Hardly ideal.

Truth is demonstrable.

also:

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." .... That's why it's called Faith kid.

I'm not saying reincarnation is real, but if it were (and most of us don't know if it is), would you like to be able to remember your previous lives? Would do stuff (or have done), such as hypnosis, in order to be able to recall your previous existence?

Reincarnation isn't real

When we die our brains die and thats it

You're living your one and only life right now

also:

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." .... That's why it's called Faith kid.

Name a belief you couldn't base on faith.

“One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” - Joan of Arc

Never read through the thread before posting this. Will do after.

I don't believe in heaven, hell. Neither do I believe in reincarnation.
Soo... Nope.

Do you have faith in Darwin's theory of evolution?

Darwin's theory is based on objectively and independently verifiable facts which allow us to make and confirm predictions.

So, no. No, I do not.

Back