Would you want to be able to remember your previous incarnation?

loisestrad

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying reincarnation is real, but if it were (and most of us don't know if it is), would you like to be able to remember your previous lives? Would do stuff (or have done), such as hypnosis, in order to be able to recall your previous existence?

Last edited:
In a previous life, I served with Her Majesty's forces in India

If it were real, and there was a way of regressing to recall some previous life experiences, I'd be up for it

but would you get confused between your own memories and your previous life, or would you be able to allocate those memories like a movie you watched

Would you end up like Jerry Blake?
stepfather-splsh.jpg

Eh no, rather not, I think.

And definitely would not want to be hypnotised by somebody. Self-hypnosis maybe.

I don't think it would be a good thing unless you only retains bits and pieces of helpful memories.

Imagine reincarnating and having a new set of parents, siblings, etc. but in the back of your mind are still your parents and siblings from the past life. I suppose you'd get over it eventually, but that would be so weird

I'd marathon the shit out of my previous lives.

I always said if Terry O'Quinn hadn't lost all his hair he'd have been Mark Harmon.

51iTR%2BKMmuL.jpg
Shit I'd never noticed that, those eyes man!

Lucky he went bald else we'd never had had John Locke
91ce1e534dcfeacda841e77c5aa0ceb0.gif

Tbh I think that might make me go insane.

nah
got enough to worry about in this life.

You would have a near infinite amount of knowledge/wisdom. Fuck yes.

No. Integrity is the most important thing to me - if there was any serious discrepancy between my moral actions/spiritual direction in this life and previous ones it would be absolutely unbearable.

I'm not saying reincarnation is real, but if it were (and most of us don't know if it is), would you like to be able to remember your previous lives? Would do stuff (or have done), such as hypnosis, in order to be able to recall your previous existence?
What are your spiritual beliefs?

No. Integrity is the most important thing to me - if there was any serious discrepancy between my moral actions/spiritual direction in this life and previous ones it would be absolutely unbearable.
So I'm assuming you believe in free will then? If so, why?

So I'm assuming you believe in free will then? If so, why?
Good question, in many ways. Not easy to answer with any clarity but best i can say for now is
i don't believe in 100% free will but i believe in living as if there is free will (taking responsibility, reflect on life and own actions, living with some purpose or sense of acceptance and self-awareness etc)

More cryptically still: i believe in soul-will - whether that is free or not, or just an impulse, i can't say.

But what if, in a previous life you were Jeffrey Dahmer? Abusing and killing men and boys?

Or what if you were Elizabeth Short? The black dahlia victim? Recounting how you got a Glasgow smile and having some fiend cut your torso in half?

Or maybe you weren’t human, perhaps you were a maggot, inside the rotting cow corpse about to be grounded up into macdonalds beef burger?

I’ll pass.

Last edited:
Good question, in many ways. Not easy to answer with any clarity but best i can say for now is
i don't believe in 100% free will but i believe in living as if there is free will (taking responsibility, reflect on life and own actions, living with some purpose or sense of acceptance and self-awareness etc)

More cryptically still: i believe soul-will - whether that is free or not, or just an impulse, i can't say.
Well said! I probably could have worded that question better, but that's what I needed to hear. I'm very similar, I believe the odds are against us having any free will or agency but I fight as hard as I can against that! I'd like to believe it's possible.

Back