Would you want there to be an afterlife?

Yes I would want there to be an afterlife, I am pretty sure there is one!, but how the afterlife works in terms of heaven/hell etc etc I don't know. My grandfather died in 1996 and me and him was close, lovely guy, I know he has visited me sometimes, his pipe smoke has been in my room on a few occasions and he loved his pipe and nope no one smokes in this home, and that old style pipe is very distinguishable, never seen nothing though, just the smell and presence of him. But how it all works I don't know, we will all find out one day my shercats!

Would you want there to be an afterlife? Let's pick the Christian version since it's what we're most knowledgeable about.

If you're a good person, you go to Heaven.

If you're a piece of shit, you go to Hell.

Would you prefer this over ceasing to exist after dying?

Yea, that's not at all correct. Its a faith based religion, those that call on Christ are saved, those who don't aren't and it has little to do with being a good person or a bad person. I mean obviously a Christian should strive to be a good person but if you look at the Bible there were people that were murderers, prostitutes, etc, that ended up at the pearly gates. So being a "good person" won't get you in.

it's kind of funny to claim we have any knowledge of any afterlife, really.

no thanks though. I'd like an end to perception, I think.

It's ironic that we follow the spiritual advice of ancient people that believed in sacrificing animals to appease the gods, or that illnesses were caused by immorality.

I'm sure people living in mud huts were tuned in to the greatest secrets in the universe.

It's ironic that we follow the spiritual advice of ancient people that believed in sacrificing animals to appease the gods, or that illnesses were caused by immorality.

I'm sure people living in mud huts were tuned in to the greatest secrets in the universe.

exactly. They nailed it straight out the shoot. <{cruzshake}>

exactly. They nailed it straight out the shoot. <{cruzshake}>

What's hilarious is the same kind of people that believe in stuff like this ask you to source every peer reviewed journal in the world every time you contradict them on something. Yet their evidence is usually either a two thousand year old book or youtube videos

{<hhh]

The lake of fire could be the womb and rebirth. We are there now, in the repetitive cycles of sherdogia.

What's wrong with ceasing to exist? You are born, you live and then you die and that's it, it is the cycle of life and death waits for no living thing.

Being in an eternal sleep so to speak is exactly that a sleep forever we would have no consciousness and no understanding so how bad can it really be? Worry more about how you die and the impact it leave on loved one rather than being dead.

One life has been plenty long. I wouldn't want to do it again.

I mean, wouldn't we all? Especially if it were as great as any sort of 'Heaven' described by some religions.

I don't see any reason to believe there is however.

Only if I get 72 virgins.

Would you want there to be an afterlife? Let's pick the Christian version since it's what we're most knowledgeable about.

Would you prefer this over ceasing to exist after dying?

That isn't the actual Christian version. Good people still go to hell if they don't accept or believe in Jesus Christ.

Fake, watered down, and warped Christianity preaches that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell.

Let's pick the Christian version since it's what we're most knowledgeable about.

Wow...is this seriously your understanding of Christian doctrine?

That isn't the actual Christian version. Good people still go to hell if they don't accept or believe in Jesus Christ.

Fake, watered down, and warped Christianity preaches that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell.
Thank you!

Yea, that's not at all correct. Its a faith based religion, those that call on Christ are saved, those who don't aren't and it has little to do with being a good person or a bad person. I mean obviously a Christian should strive to be a good person but if you look at the Bible there were people that were murderers, prostitutes, etc, that ended up at the pearly gates. So being a "good person" won't get you in.

Yeah talk about a sick religion.

Back